Job Center wasting my time

Hi, I was paid straight away, however I get the impression they are more accommodating if you arent a regular claimant, hope this helps.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 14:16 ----------

How dare you, Ive worked for 40 years and this is my FIRST claim as I was made redundant in Sept, would love to bump into you!!!!!!!!

I feel NO guilt whatsoever at getting my JSA as Ive paid my dues

OP just make a complaint to the manager. They wont want it happening.

OP just make a complaint to the manager. They wont want it happening.

Thankyou, Im going to.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 14:25 ----------

Yo...I wasn't aiming that at you necessarily, I read the OP that you lost your job in Sept, I was saying generally.

Thankyou for your reply, I hate going to the JC as everyone is classed as the same, Ive worked from being 16 and Im deeply upset at having lost my job, however on the positive side I attended a 2nd interview on Monday and will find out next Thurs if Im sucessfull, I hope so as attending that horrible place is making me ill.

I suppose it could just be a way for them to prove that you are genuinely available for work.

I think people should have to sign on everyday because if they got up and out and bed a a decent time they might have better luck finding a job.

Yea but if you don't live near the JobCentre then it's a right old hassle getting there.

You either waste all your money on the bus to-ing and fro-ing or you get a bike and spend all day cycling back and forth.

Either way it's time you could be searching for a job.

If they had a system online you had to log into, or phone into by a certain time that might work.

but lets be honest, this is DWP - they'd spend £100 million on it and then scrap it because it isn't 'fit for purpose'

you can always ring ahead if you have to travel a long way. Btw being paid quicly is nothing to do with whether you are a regular claimant or not.

If they had a system online you had to log into, or phone into by a certain time that might work.

but lets be honest, this is DWP - they'd spend £100 million on it and then scrap it because it isn't 'fit for purpose'

... maybe electronic tagging might work? ;)

Yea but if you don't live near the JobCentre then it's a right old hassle getting there.

You either waste all your money on the bus to-ing and fro-ing or you get a bike and spend all day cycling back and forth.

Either way it's time you could be searching for a job.

Thats exctly what i do day in day out, with these new rules you have to provide proof that you are looking for work. these days that means applying for as many jobs as you can online, because of lack of money i dont have internet access at home, (currently at library!). they have two computers that the public can use at Hillsborough JC, but that are taken half the time.

so you spend hours just traveling around trying to get onto the internet!!!

What are contributory and means tested benefits? Is everyone who is attending the JC entitled to contributory benefits providing they have paid the necessary contributions and the means tested benefits are dependant on your savings? How long are these benefits paid?

Thats exctly what i do day in day out, with these new rules you have to provide proof that you are looking for work. these days that means applying for as many jobs as you can online, because of lack of money i dont have internet access at home, (currently at library!). they have two computers that the public can use at Hillsborough JC, but that are taken half the time.

How many actions a week does your agreement say you have to do?

Have the place you on the work programme?

Try this site for nearest internet access

http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/simple_search_cat.asp

Hi monkey69

If you go to central library in town you can usually get a computer in at least one of the rooms and once your hour is up you can use a computer in another room, rather than having to cycle elsewhere. There are at least 3 computer rooms available

Thankyou, Im going to.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 14:25 ----------

Thankyou for your reply, I hate going to the JC as everyone is classed as the same, Ive worked from being 16 and Im deeply upset at having lost my job, however on the positive side I attended a 2nd interview on Monday and will find out next Thurs if Im sucessfull, I hope so as attending that horrible place is making me ill.

This is the trouble with generalising all folks who are out of work, which is what the DWP does. Unfortunately, people like yourself are often made to feel like useless scroungers, and not someone who's worked for years and are now claiming back on the "insurance policy" they've paid into for this very reason.

Best of luck with your interview.