Stephen Yaxley Lennon guilty of mortgage fraud

Then, almost at once, one heard even more significant news: Peter Mandelson, who has twice been in the Cabinet and has twice had to resign in varying degrees of disgrace, is to return as Business Secretary. This is beyond an April Fool moment. When Caligula wished to show his contempt for the Roman political establishment, he tried to make his horse consul. Mr Brown's administration has now, it is clear, entered its Caligula's horse phase.

The Mandelson appointment is so contemptible that it deserves to be one of the most conspicuous reasons for the electorate to punish Labour when the time comes. First, it is well known that Messrs Brown and Mandelson hate each other. How effective government can be conducted when two of the most prominent figures in it have the degree of mutual loathing we know exists between these oddballs is, to say the least, an interesting question.

He's now a Lord.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/simonheffer/3562561/Third-time-lucky-for-Peter-Mandelson.html

Then, almost at once, one heard even more significant news: Peter Mandelson, who has twice been in the Cabinet and has twice had to resign in varying degrees of disgrace, is to return as Business Secretary. This is beyond an April Fool moment. When Caligula wished to show his contempt for the Roman political establishment, he tried to make his horse consul. Mr Brown's administration has now, it is clear, entered its Caligula's horse phase.

The Mandelson appointment is so contemptible that it deserves to be one of the most conspicuous reasons for the electorate to punish Labour when the time comes. First, it is well known that Messrs Brown and Mandelson hate each other. How effective government can be conducted when two of the most prominent figures in it have the degree of mutual loathing we know exists between these oddballs is, to say the least, an interesting question.

He's now a Lord.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/simonheffer/3562561/Third-time-lucky-for-Peter-Mandelson.html

couldnt you have tried changing the subject a little more subtly lol

Its not really a change of subject. Mandelson was caught doing mortgage fraud and he's now a Lord! :D

He wasn't caught doing mortgage fraud. He had a mortgage from the Britannia and an undisclosed loan from Geoffrey Robinson MP. It was dodgy and led to his first resignation but it wasn't fraud, which is a criminal act. If you think it was fraud then report it to the police and ask them to investigate. It's never too late.

He wasn't caught doing mortgage fraud. He had a mortgage from the Britannia and an undisclosed loan from Geoffrey Robinson MP. It was dodgy and led to his first resignation but it wasn't fraud, which is a criminal act. If you think it was fraud then report it to the police and ask them to investigate. It's never too late.

So concentrating on the issue of mortgages, who's the less reputable?

I have no particular desire to discuss the EDL or the individual case here, but I read the OP and started wondering why it might not be allowed to report the court where a case (any case) was heard.

I mean, I know there are reporting restrictions on identification if a child is the accused or a victim, and I suppose there might be protection reasons preventing the reporting of addresses (although in the crime reports in the papers it always used to say "Mr. Hbro, 98, of Letsby Avenue"), but why the name of the court? :confused:

I have no particular desire to discuss the EDL or the individual case here, but I read the OP and started wondering why it might not be allowed to report the court where a case (any case) was heard.

I mean, I know there are reporting restrictions on identification if a child is the accused or a victim, and I suppose there might be protection reasons preventing the reporting of addresses (although in the crime reports in the papers it always used to say "Mr. Hbro, 98, of Letsby Avenue"), but why the name of the court? :confused:

he prolly has a lot of enemies, prolly to try and kep them away?

not just muslims

or anti EDL / far right campaigners

now theres also his old buddies in the EDL lol

he prolly has a lot of enemies, prolly to try and kep them away?

not just muslims

or anti EDL / far right campaigners

now theres also his old buddies in the EDL lol

In this case, possibly. However, that wouldn't have been relevant because these things aren't down to the accused to decide. I was just wondering what would have been sufficient for a court (it'll presumably have been a court instruction) to block the reporting of the address and the name of the actual court where the case was heard?

In this case, possibly. However, that wouldn't have been relevant because these things aren't down to the accused to decide. I was just wondering what would have been sufficient for a court (it'll presumably have been a court instruction) to block the reporting of the address and the name of the actual court where the case was heard?

i never said the accused asked for it