Lee Rigby's killers trial

They are scum, They should bring back the death penalty just for them,

They should be hung until dead and there would be no kneck breaking knot nor to be choked by the rope, It should be a slow death.

And everyone who is on the list that the secret services have of the extremists should now be removed, and i dont meen deported !

a) Quite ignoring the fact that putting these idiots to death will just make martyrs of them...

and b) the idea going completely over your head that putting them to death simply makes us no better than them, in that case, to whit, see my point "a" above.

I don't like the idea of these idiots being given the DP and, as a result of their martyrdom, bringing more idiots to their "cause". We are trying to get away from radicalising those prone to embracing such ideas, by giving them Ssupposed "cause" to take up arms.

thirdly

c) let them languish in Gaol. No net, no phone, no means of rallying other idiots, apart from scrutinised letters to next of kin... don't give them the glory they seek, don't give them any of that publicity. they are in prison, out of the way of doing harm to others... Surely, "job done?"

a) Quite ignoring the fact that putting these idiots to death will just make martyrs of them...

and b) the idea going completely over your head that putting them to death simply makes us no better than them, in that case, to whit, see my point "a" above.

I don't like the idea of these idiots being given the DP and, as a result of their martyrdom, bringing more idiots to their "cause". We are trying to get away from radicalising those prone to embracing such ideas, by giving them Ssupposed "cause" to take up arms.

thirdly

c) let them languish in Gaol. No net, no phone, no means of rallying other idiots, apart from scrutinised letters to next of kin... don't give them the glory they seek, don't give them any of that publicity. they are in prison, out of the way of doing harm to others... Surely, "job done?"

So basically in solitary confinement, and if we did kill them no one would know.

Why? What good would it do?

It would bring their poor victim back to life, Halibut...

Oh, wait... No, it wouldn't, would it? Let's look at plan "b"... Whole Life Tariff? No parole? That would work for me.

---------- Post added 19-12-2013 at 20:38 ----------

How long do you think it would take to bring the death penalty back?

it would take:-

1) leaving the E U.

2) a massive backward step for justice...

3) flying in the face of the UN (I think?)

Its good to see those 2 found guilty,maybe now the authorities will wake up to the fact the religion of peace they did the killing in is no such thing.

Its good to see those 2 found guilty,maybe now the authorities will wake up to the fact the religion of peace they did the killing in is no such thing.

Whether I agree or not, I don't see how the acts of these 2 people means that the religion is not peaceful...

It would bring their poor victim back to life, Halibut...

Oh, wait... No, it wouldn't, would it? Let's look at plan "b"... Whole Life Tariff? No parole? That would work for me.

it would take:-

1) leaving the E U.

2) a massive backward step for justice...

3) flying in the face of the UN (I think?)

That will also not bring the poor victim back to life and your punishment is more inhumane and sadistic than mine.

So basically in solitary confinement, and if we did kill them no one would know.

Not solitary, Angos, no. Limited communication, certainly, with their next of kin...

Which would mean that if they did meet with an "Accident" there'd be people to ask questions. We don't want summary justice from a kangaroo court, as per the marine who was found guilty of killing the insurgent. if we did that, we'd be back to the point I made in my previous post, above, about making martyrs of them, and being the catalyst which would bring other fools to their cause.

Whether I agree or not, I don't see how the acts of these 2 people means that the religion is not peaceful...

Its not nearly just about the acts of two people though, when you add all the isolated killing up, its lots of killing in the name of God.

---------- Post added 19-12-2013 at 20:48 ----------

Not solitary, Angos, no. Limited communication, certainly, with their next of kin...

Which would mean that if they did meet with an "Accident" there'd be people to ask questions. We don't want summary justice from a kangaroo court, as per the marine who was found guilty of killing the insurgent. if we did that, we'd be back to the point I made in my previous post, above, about making martyrs of them, and being the catalyst which would bring other fools to their cause.

He doesn't need to die to be martyred, suffering for his cause is enough.

Its not nearly just about the acts of two people though, when you add all the isolated killing up, its lots of killing in the name of God.

Compared to the amount of people that haven't killed 'in the name of God'. That is a minor number.

Compared to the amount of people that haven't killed 'in the name of God'. That is a minor number.

I doubt that, most of the worlds wars since the dawn of time have been about God being on one side or the other. God himself is supposed to have wiped out most of humanity.

I doubt that, most of the worlds wars since the dawn of time have been about God being on one side or the other. God himself is supposed to have wiped out most of humanity.

Maybe so. My point was that most people don't kill in the name of God. Gather up any random Muslims and chances are they will have never killed anyone whether in the name of God or not.

Maybe so. My point was that most people don't kill in the name of God. Gather up any random Muslims and chances are they will have never killed anyone whether in the name of God or not.

I wouldn't disagree with that, I would however add that many that haven't killed, support the killing in the name of their God.