Lee Rigby's killers trial

I personally would have liked to have seen these two scumbags handed over to Lee Rigby`s fellow squaddies to let them deal with them as they see fit behind closed doors away from meddling do gooders .

Most of his colleagues are already doing that, as they are part of an ilegal war that has killed almost 2 million people and displaced millions more whilst consigning their children to poverty (as we have stolen all their oil).

The people you call "meddling do gooders" are likely just people with an objective and balanced opinion on the situation.

I am not sure why people are advocating hanging here. That would, in their own and their supporters opinion, martyr them, and that is precisely what one of them said was the plan all along. Locked up in Belmarsh or Wakefield and not given the oxygen of publicity for the rest of their natural lives is actually far worse a punishment for these two.

If someone commits murder they should face the death penalty.

There's a bloke on this link who talks a lot of sense pete, fast forward to 4.10.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

I am not sure why people are advocating hanging here. That would, in their own and their supporters opinion, martyr them, and that is precisely what one of them said was the plan all along. Locked up in Belmarsh or Wakefield and not given the oxygen of publicity for the rest of their natural lives is actually far worse a punishment for these two.

just been rereading the article and even though my thoughts are still with other punishments,

you are right, that death is not the answer.

rest of natural life without parole

Until another couple of nutters demand their release and threaten to blow something up if we don't. Martyrdom doesn't have to involve death, suffering in prison is enough. Could stop them going to the after life by not burying them according to Islamic burial rites.

Until another couple of nutters demand their release and threaten to blow something up if we don't. Martyrdom doesn't have to involve death, suffering in prison is enough. Could stop them going to the after life by not burying them according to Islamic burial rites.

You really think so? How quaint.

Obviously not our country, but some good information on the costs involved...

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

i think the difference is the amount of time they are kept waiting and the amount of appeals in the usa,

but after what someone else said,

and my rereading the article have decided other sentece needs to be set

exactly what ive always advocated in these circumstances, some cant see further than their own nose tho and always rant about giving them exactly what they want

There's a bloke on this link who talks a lot of sense pete, fast forward to 4.10.

They were old cases. Clearly in this case there can be no miscarriage of justice, these two won't be found innocent in ten years time.

i think the difference is the amount of time they are kept waiting and the amount of appeals in the usa,

but after what someone else said,

and my rereading the article have decided other sentece needs to be set

I don't think I've ever seen anyone change their mind in this kind of debate. :hihi: Regardless of what you think, it's good to see that people can change their mind given information and not stick to their stance no matter what.

You really think so? How quaint.

It doesn't mater what I believe as long as their supporter believe it.