Ian Watkins (Lostprophets) pleads guilty to sex offences with children

For once "won't somebody think of the children" is totally apt.

The mothers should be kept anonymous without fools trying to sneak it out or give enough clues etc, not for the mothers, but for the children who have been innocently caught up in this. Their lives would become an even bigger living hell if it was widely known they were the ones involved. We don't need a tragedy adding to this already hideous story, and certainly not one caused by strangers flouting the law because of some perverted sense of justice.

The children are going to be given new identities. Things like this always come out in the age of the internet. These poor children (and babies!) can start over with a new life and a new family and I hope and pray they were all young enough to be able to forget what's happened to them and not have to carry around that burden with them all their lives.

If there was a death penalty for crimes like this, then not only would there be molested children, but possibly also murdered children too...

Couldn't agree more!

The children are going to be given new identities. Things like this always come out in the age of the internet.

Exactly. And that's the problem. Naming the mothers will inevitably lead to the identification of completely innocent parties who will not want or need reminding of what has happened.

And that's why idiots shouldn't be trying to publish the names of the mothers on twitter / facebook / sheffield forum.

Back to the original issue. I was in a charity shop today and noticed a Lostprophets CD for sale. I mentioned to the manageress that it was the bloke in court last week for trying to rape a baby. She'd not even heard of the case but took the CD off the shelf in case someone took exception. I also see stuff by Gary Glitter for sale quite often. I think a lot of charity shop managers are oblivious to some people's backgrounds even though I'd expect charity shops to have more ethical standards that normal shops.

Back to the original issue. I was in a charity shop today and noticed a Lostprophets CD for sale. I mentioned to the manageress that it was the bloke in court last week for trying to rape a baby. She'd not even heard of the case but took the CD off the shelf in case someone took exception. I also see stuff by Gary Glitter for sale quite often. I think a lot of charity shop managers are oblivious to some people's backgrounds even though I'd expect charity shops to have more ethical standards that normal shops.

There is nothing unethical about a charity shop selling a second hand CD which was donated to them to help their cause, its not like Ian Watkins was going to benefit from its sale.

There is nothing unethical about a charity shop selling a second hand CD which was donated to them to help their cause, its not like Ian Watkins was going to benefit from its sale.

It didn't take long for you to revert to type, did it, Smithy. We all know to what extent you think sex with children is unethical and it doesn't put you in a position to lecture others on ethics.

exactly i think all that stuffs ludicrous

like with Paul Gadd, people were up in arms about him recieving royalties for his gary glitter music, im sorry but theres no corelation between the acts he commited and the music, both were done seperetly, why shouldnt somebody recieve royalties for music theyve written? its not like hes benefitting from his crimes, nor is his music glorfying his crimes, they are completely isolated from one another

in fact in one way hes prolly stuffed up his royalties anyway cos a lot less will be sold / played since.

i do feel bad for the glitter band theyve had a right struggle since to keep going, and the now the other members of lost prophets who have to start from scratch

they are completely isolated from one another

Apart from the bit where he used his fame to get the access to babies that he did.

Apart from the bit where he used his fame to get the access to babies that he did.

well, but still, the music and fame came before the dodgy stuff

by the way on a similer not i was shocked to read Roy Harpers also in court for sex charges with young girls Oo

doesnt seem to be widely reported tho? i read it in todays sun i think it was

exactly i think all that stuffs ludicrous

like with Paul Gadd, people were up in arms about him recieving royalties for his gary glitter music, im sorry but theres no corelation between the acts he commited and the music, both were done seperetly, why shouldnt somebody recieve royalties for music theyve written? its not like hes benefitting from his crimes, nor is his music glorfying his crimes, they are completely isolated from one another

The point is not about his royalties but that a charity would benefit from selling his stuff.

As for the lack of a link between his music and his evil deeds, he used his fans to help him abuse children. It would be like saying there was no link between the BBC and Jimmy Savile's crimes. Fame gives someone power and influence over others.

The point is not about his royalties but that a charity would benefit from selling his stuff.

As for the lack of a link between his music and his evil deeds, he used his fans to help him abuse children. It would be like saying there was no link between the BBC and Jimmy Savile's crimes. Fame gives someone power and influence over others.

So you would think it immoral to sell all Jimmy Saviles stuff to raise money to help abused children?