Is it time for more child free areas?

I like your style,which exudes acuity and a rational disposition.

Thanks. I'll be here all week.

;)

The parents also deserve a night out. They have as much right as you to attend the cinema, or a restaurant. I don't see why parenthood should limit your eating out experience to crap American chains.

Thats what family, friends or sitters are for. If you can't afford a sitter, you can't afford to go out. Parenthood is about sacrifice and sometimes it means not going out. Its something my parents had to do when they had us.. I know they would have love to go out for meals and drinks more often, but my sister and I - as well as costs for a sitter, didn't allow for it.

Taking small and young children to, say, the Fifth Estate, is just wrong and inappropriate. A child will not understand the film at all, and if its an evening showing will more than likely be too cranky to sit still and just fall asleep.

Now then theres nothing wrong with taking kids to see Monsters University or Cloudy with a Chance... Kids deserve treats too. If I want to see those films, I'll either try for a late evening showing or just wait for the DVD. Thats my own compromise

Thats what family, friends or sitters are for. If you can't afford a sitter, you can't afford to go out. Parenthood is about sacrifice and sometimes it means not going out. Its something my parents had to do when they had us.. I know they would have love to go out for meals and drinks more often, but my sister and I - as well as costs for a sitter, didn't allow for it.

I don't see why you think that you have the right to tell others how to bring their kids up.

If someone wants to take their kids to a restaurant, they have a perfect right to do so.

If you don't like it, that is your problem.

I don't see why you think that you have the right to tell others how to bring their kids up.

If someone wants to take their kids to a restaurant, they have a perfect right to do so.

If you don't like it, that is your problem.

Then its also my right to ask the cinema to ask your family to leave for ruining my film or demanding a refund from the cinema because I couldnt sit through it.

I have no issues with people taking their kids to restaurants that are appropriate for them (and no, this does not mean being stuck at Giraffe for all your special meals) at appropriate hours. If kids are at a proper restaurant or upper market pub, at half past 8 during the week, then its just not appropriate for them to be there

II49 you have mentioned in posts before that you don't like children so enough said

:) I really understand all you said. Because both of us love children. Both of us are mother.

Taking small and young children to, say, the Fifth Estate, is just wrong and inappropriate. A child will not understand the film at all, and if its an evening showing will more than likely be too cranky to sit still and just fall asleep.

Now then theres nothing wrong with taking kids to see Monsters University or Cloudy with a Chance... Kids deserve treats too. If I want to see those films, I'll either try for a late evening showing or just wait for the DVD. Thats my own compromise

That's a film with a 15 rating, no cinema should be allowing children in, with or without parents.

Restaurants however are not age restricted and children need to eat as well.

It's the job of the parents to ensure that the children behave appropriately though.

That's a film with a 15 rating, no cinema should be allowing children in, with or without parents.

Restaurants however are not age restricted and children need to eat as well.

It's the job of the parents to ensure that the children behave appropriately though.

I only used it for an example, but even films that would allow children with adult permission, shouldnt be brought into later evening showings when children tend to be restless and will not have the patience to just get through it.

I think when we went to see Star Trek (the first one JJ Abrams directed) there was an infant there. It didn't cry, but I was totally waiting for it to do so. It was wholly inappropriate for that baby to be there, regardless of how well behaved it was.

Not all parents want a babysitter, and enjoy taking their children out with them. Also some parents are not fortunate to have someone they trust enough to leave their children with. I certainly would not leave my little one with a friend or a family member who I didn't know inside out whilst I popped out for a meal!

Not all parents want a babysitter, and enjoy taking their children out with them. Also some parents are not fortunate to have someone they trust enough to leave their children with. I certainly would not leave my little one with a friend or a family member who I didn't know inside out whilst I popped out for a meal!

As I said earlier, children should be allowed everywhere with no limits or standards of behaviour expected of them as they are just children. I'm sure you agree.

Then you should go for your meal at appropriate places at appropriate times. Sitting down for dinner with a child under 5 at 8pm is completely out of order. The starter or main food would arrive at least half past to quarter to 9pm. By the time everything is said and done, you'll be heading out the door at 10pm. A child will be, even the bestbestbestbest behaved, will be cranky and causing a scene.

If you want a grown up night out, do not bring your little ones.

Then you should go for your meal at appropriate places at appropriate times. Sitting down for dinner with a child under 5 at 8pm is completely out of order. The starter or main food would arrive at least half past to quarter to 9pm. By the time everything is said and done, you'll be heading out the door at 10pm. A child will be, even the bestbestbestbest behaved, will be cranky and causing a scene.

If you want a grown up night out, do not bring your little ones.

There you go again. Telling people what to do.

It isn't any of your business. Of course, if the behaviour of the child does become a problem, you have a perfect right to object.

But a choice made by a parent is really none of your business.

I only used it for an example, but even films that would allow children with adult permission, shouldnt be brought into later evening showings when children tend to be restless and will not have the patience to just get through it.

Basically everyone should behave appropriately in the cinema, that includes children.

If you are watching a childrens film however, you can expect there to be children in there, who behave like children. If you don't like it, watch an adult film.

I think when we went to see Star Trek (the first one JJ Abrams directed) there was an infant there. It didn't cry, but I was totally waiting for it to do so. It was wholly inappropriate for that baby to be there, regardless of how well behaved it was.

That appears to be your problem though, not theirs, if it didn't cry then you have no grounds for complaint about the behaviour (an opinion on their parenting is a different topic).