Costa Coffee coming to Hillsborough?

It means they were affiliated(linked) to people with a different(unlike)culture(way of doing things).They have valid opinions but do not fraternise with the neighbours and wider community.

Can you be more specific about this different culture and what they did differently to those in S6?

Can you be more specific about this different culture and what they did differently to those in S6?

I do not want to go into details-you make it sound like a police investigation.

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 20:20 ----------

We need a sports shop in hillsborough

Like John Quinn Sports on Middlewood Road?

They aren't building a new building, they're leasing an existing unit. No permission required from anyone. Free market, after all.

Really? The extension that was built on the end of Boots, and just happened to be coffee-shop-sized, and instantly occupied by Costa?

There has been an influx of people coming to S6 who like the cheaper property but are unwilling to mix with the locals-they have a different cultural affiliation.I knew a couple who lived in Warner Road(2007-2013) who moved to Dore for "good schools"-both were solicitors.They shopped at Waitrose for food,and drove everywhere.

I'd say that's a decent description of about 1/3 to 1/2 of my neighbours. Most tend to work for the universities or public sector middle-management though.

We need a sports shop in hillsborough

I think DB Sports are relocating from their old place on Middlewood Road over to Holme Lane.

Really? The extension that was built on the end of Boots, and just happened to be coffee-shop-sized, and instantly occupied by Costa?

You must be talking about something different... We're talking about an empty unit opposite the tram stop, unless I've really got the wrong end of the stick...

Boots in Hillsborough is surrounded by other buildings on all sides already, and I haven't noticed an extension going up... Where is this? It's Halifax on one side, the entrance to the arcade on the other, then the arcade frontage and some sort of clothes store to the rear...

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 07:33 ----------

I do not want to go into details-you make it sound like a police investigation.

You said something odd, I'm trying to tease out the details.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 07:35 ----------

I've just noticed that Costa Coffee have put in a planning application for signage at the old Gracies Coffee Shop in Hillsborough (next to the tram stop) (13/03177/FUL)

This is the relevant part of the OP John Denver. Existing unit, previously a coffee shop, still going to be a coffee shop... No permission required.

Although actually they must require permission for the sign, hence the planning application.

Edited by Cyclone

Lots of S6 is outside the audible range of the football stadium though...

it didn't used to be!

You must be talking about something different... We're talking about an empty unit opposite the tram stop, unless I've really got the wrong end of the stick...

Crossed wires... I was commenting slightly tangentially on the Meersbrook incarnation of Costa. I shall bow out. :)

it didn't used to be!

Really, as a postcode S6 was all within about 400 metres of the football ground? When was that then?

Update - work has started on the properties that are destined to be Costa in Hillsborough. From the planning app, it appears that as well as the existing cafe the adjoining building on the corner is also being included in the new coffee shop.

Is this the corner with Holme Lane, where the other coffee shop is and one of those lend you money places?

Is this the corner with Holme Lane, where the other coffee shop is and one of those lend you money places?

Its at the tram stop across from rawson.

Costa's are a blight on the coffee landscape, Café Nero is a chain but at least it makes a good fist at serving decent coffee