Sign in to follow this  

Has anybody used a Rug Doctor machine?

Hi everybody, we are moving house this week and I'm wanting to clean the carpets before we move in. Rather than lash out £200 on somebody else doing it, I'm wanting to hire a wide track Rug Doctor machine from Homebase. Has anybody used one of these and are they any good?

Thanks.

I've used one and it was fine. Once you've finished shampooing it's a good idea to go over the carpets again with just warm water (no shampoo) to get any remaining soap out. The soap works by attracting dirt so if there's any soap still in the carpet, it will attract dirt from shoes etc and in a few weeks the carpets will look mucky again.

Make sure you don't overwet the carpet like we did. it shrank about an inch all round :-(

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We used one and it did an amazing job, went over the carpets twice because they were that dirty - I don't think they've ever been cleaned.

Cheeky landlord still tried it on and said the place was 'a state' tho - because if you've gone to the trouble of hiring a rug doctor and cleaning the carpets you clearly haven't bothered to clean the rest of the house properly :rant::rant::rant::rant: