Sheffield Fayre, 2013. Norfolk Heritage Park.

I'm usually attracted down there by the BOOMS of the cannons, didn't her them this year so didn't bother.

There was definitely some cannon fire as our pup was going loppy, but nowhere near as much as last years. I remember one year when we had just moved next to the park and had no idea about the re-enactments and thought there was a war going off! The local 'gangs' popping 'caps' in each others asses :hihi:

there were adverts in the star and on roundabouts ect for the event,but it lacked the usual

acts ect that it normally has several traders said never again as its was so expensive to stand,dont how much the council lost on this event,but why don't the council drop several

of these loss making events and just have say 4 ,one at each side of the city,or give a small amount to all the well run events done by the friends groups,who work with charities ect.that way the public decide thanks

there were adverts in the star and on roundabouts ect for the event,but it lacked the usual

acts ect that it normally has several traders said never again as its was so expensive to stand,dont how much the council lost on this event,but why don't the council drop several

of these loss making events and just have say 4 ,one at each side of the city,or give a small amount to all the well run events done by the friends groups,who work with charities ect.that way the public decide thanks

Good idea.Darnall Carnival is on Saturday September 21st.It's so late this year because it has taken us that long to raise all the funding privately.

Many thanks to the National Lottery,Sheffield Town Trust and British Land for putting the money up so it can go ahead.

Edited by PCInfield
spelling

went the stall holders were happy about sunday , but complaining that sat was awfull as not many customers,but I got a parking spot easy which I have never done before and enjoyed the day ,but there was much less in the re-enactment area no ww1 or ww2 and less of stalls

than the norm,love to know how much scc payed to put it on,but okay for a freebie,but cant wait for the big free entry show at Rotherham it shows us all how to run a event its great,parking no problem,also really huge thanks

i think they will have complained about not being busy on saturday as the event was on sunday and monday..

but that saying it was a good day not as many stalls this year but the re-enactments were good

its a age thing we went Monday and it was reasonably busy ,it was sunday the stall holders were complaining about and I think its the huge prices the council charge as at lowedges we turn down lots of stalls and still have 150 to look at,but if been much the same for 10 plus years it needs a update as people like to see a bit of a different show each year

very boring day and the prices they charge for stuff are horrendous

its about time they asked what the public wants,not just putting on huge loss making events at the publics expense,finish them all,ask what the public want and then work with friends groups,job sorted