Is Sheffield Council about to sell off bits of Graves Park YET AGAIN?

And it's the small end of the wedge...................

Strange that the legal pack is not uploaded yet.

Maybe the auctioneers are having second thoughts given the publicity and number of signatures on the petition....

It may be because there's plans to disrupt the auction?

Petition signed btw. :)

SCC would sell their Grandmothers if they thought they could raise a few bob !

They should sack some of the dead wood before selling off parts of our park.

Sign the petition NOW !

https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-city-council-protect-graves-park?recruiter=458359046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Once it's gone it's gone !

Graves will be turning in his grave !

Edited by Daven

SCC would sell their Grandmothers if they thought they could raise a few bob !

They should sack some of the dead wood before selling off parts of our park.

Sign the petition NOW !

https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-city-council-protect-graves-park?recruiter=458359046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Once it's gone it's gone !

Graves will be turning in his grave !

SCC need to sell everything they can to make up for the budgets shortfall due to hairbrained schemes, traffic, asylumn seekers, various street projects , the markets, student games etc etc and probably supported by the very people that are protesting at this sale now??

SCC need to sell everything they can to make up for the budgets shortfall due to hairbrained schemes, traffic, asylumn seekers, various street projects , the markets, student games etc etc and probably supported by the very people that are protesting at this sale now??

Who are these people ?

SCC is run by baffoons who don't live in the real world.

Edited by Daven

Maybe the auctioneers are having second thoughts given the publicity and number of signatures on the petition....

not unusual in a case like this, it will be being checked and double checked and is/will be available to registered bidders.

not unusual in a case like this, it will be being checked and double checked and is/will be available to registered bidders.

No it is definitely unusual that it's not available yet. For all the previous auctions I've attended the packs are normally available by now.

And when you say registered bidders you mean this and all previous auctions. So given the numbers who normally attend this I'd expect will run into thousands of registered bidders.

No mention of the land being sold. There may well be nothing expressly prohibiting the sale of a building. There are restrictions regarding the sale of land. I think 'Siobhan' (no surname, who is she, does she exist?) is trying to fob us off.

It's a DM tweet from the Charity's Commission who I contacted about this. Unless you want to me to take a screenshot you'll have to take my word it's definitely a legit reply from them!

I rewired that cottage many year's ago..... i wasn't happy to do it under the circumstances, i will reserve judgments

I rewired that cottage many year's ago..... i wasn't happy to do it under the circumstances, i will reserve judgments

so it has new wiring ?? thats good, some money saved there then:P

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 10:54 ----------

legal pack available now, nothing of great note, apart from it does say that the charity trust is able to transfer legally.

I still don't understand how the council can sell something that doesn't belong to them - if I tried to sell my neighbours house think they'd be a bit upset!! The park was gifted to the people of Sheffield for their enjoyment - end of story!! Sign the petition now :help: