Spicy Chik on West Street

Anyone been to this place yet? I tried it yesterday during tramlines and it was fantastic food, the chicken is really tasty, ingredients are all fresh and the portions for what you pay are really good value for money, half what you pay at Nandos, and in my opinion much better food!

I had the 1/4 jerk chicken, my mate had their own Spicychik mariated chicken in a pitta with salad and we'd recommend both. Definitely going back next time i'm on West Street.

I didn't hear about it opening though, saw it by chance walking past so i'll be recommending it to everyone I know now. Anyone else been in there?

No, not yet but thanks for posting - we're back out later were going to try the new Jumbo Buffet (Landmark Restaurant) but this is closer to Weston Park.

Oh someone just mentioned a new Indian style buffet on West Street as well. Spoilt for choices!

Thats true, I think the age of 'scruffy' little kebab shops at the end of a saturday nights are a thing of the past, nicer places to go now :)

I must be doing something wrong dude , 40th wedding anniversary in a scruffy kebab shop?

Only been married 10 years and if I spent any less than £200 on a meal it would mean divorce...??? What's your secret?

I must be doing something wrong dude , 40th wedding anniversary in a scruffy kebab shop?

Only been married 10 years and if I spent any less than £200 on a meal it would mean divorce...??? What's your secret?

Because I'm a top bloke.

Edited by girocasher

Anything but scruffy, its been completely renovated since it was Kebabish, booths and air con installed etc, its more like a mcdonalds style restaurant than a kebab shop, but agree don't think its ideal for a 40th anniversary

went last night ,gave them the so called food back absalute ****e,

I tried this place last night with 4 of my friends. We usually end up at Nando's if we go on West Street, or one of the takeaways but noticed this place on our way into Tiger Tiger and decided to give it a go.

I've got to admit, the food was brilliant - I went for a half jerk chicken, chips and a coke. Food was cooked really well and we ate in at one of the boothes which saved standing around in a packed takeaway at the end of the night! There were quite a lot customers in but our order was still ready quickly and the staff were friendly - unlike some of the takeaways we have been to, who seem to give out constant abuse to their staff!

It only cost me around a fiver, normally costs me £11 in nando's so will definitely be going there in future - can see this place being really popular. Didn't try any of the pizzas but 3 of my friends ordered pizzas and they all said they were lovely and were topped with fresh ingredients.

Definitely worth a try if you're up that way in my opinion!

went last night ,gave them the so called food back absalute ****e,

Totally agree, went Saturday with my partner, ordered half chicken and a pizza, the chicken still had blood in the middle, took it back and was told that the chef would cook it for abit longer, told em no thanks and got a refund for the chicken, the pizza was sloppy and fell off the base but still ate this as I was starving, not for me this place, :gag:

oops meant tigerworks...shows i must drink too much when i go down town!! :hihi:

Too be honest I've only heard good things about the place from friends and work colleagues so far, not gonna judge the place until I've tried it out myself.

we ordered chicken kebab .wen my wife ripped it in half all the pitta bread fell to bits suggesting it was old .there were 4 pieces of oxo sized chicken in it ,i ordered chicken drum sticks .but got 1 piece of chicken instead ,they fetched that out and said weve no drum sticks ,didnt ask me .i stuck the fork in it and it was just bone with skin on,asked for money back and left,