Spicy Chik on West Street

we ordered chicken kebab .wen my wife ripped it in half all the pitta bread fell to bits suggesting it was old .there were 4 pieces of oxo sized chicken in it ,i ordered chicken drum sticks .but got 1 piece of chicken instead ,they fetched that out and said weve no drum sticks ,didnt ask me .i stuck the fork in it and it was just bone with skin on,asked for money back and left,

we ordered chicken kebab .wen my wife ripped it in half all the pitta bread fell to bits suggesting it was old .there were 4 pieces of oxo sized chicken in it ,i ordered chicken drum sticks .but got 1 piece of chicken instead ,they fetched that out and said weve no drum sticks ,didnt ask me .i stuck the fork in it and it was just bone with skin on,asked for money back and left,

Thank you for your in depth review.

I visited this place on the friday night after work so was a sober occasion after a friend had been to the opening night on thursday. i had a peri peri chicken and lettuce in pita and it had a full char grilled chicken breast cut into 5 pieces. Cooked brilliantly.

I have just looked at your comments above and I respect everyone's opinion however I am a little confused to your frustration as there is no drum sticks on the menu. Could this have been an error on your part? Not sure with comments on the pita been old as the diner has only been open for four days. However mine did break up a little but when handed over the staff explained it was the second pita they produced for my order and they confessed to having problems with them and they were going to complain to the supplier in the morning, i thanked them for their honesty and to be honest i really enjoyed it anyway.

Its a shame that a business is not yet 7 days old without been pulled to bits its hard enough making a business to work these days without people of Sheffield not giving businesses the opportunity to get off the ground. I for one will support and visit again as its a refreshing change not to have to eat at processed food places.:hihi:

sorry i meant wings,that realy doesnt matter, the food was still not up to much,im glad you enjoyed yours thow,if the grub was good ide have said so but it wasnt so now you might get your act together and sort it,hope you do or youle not be open long.

I went to Spicychik the other week and was surprised that there wasn’t a yelp or anything to review it, and when i commented on their facebook they just deleted my post. So i had to sign up to post it here – which is a bit fishy.

Speaking of fishy, the chicken wasn’t up to much. I went in with some mates for a quick bite after a few pints. we ordered the mint wrap with chips, liberty burger and a few pizzas – the Chinese chicken one and a spicy pepperoni.

The mint chicken was bizarre. There was about ¼ of a chicken breast in a massive, dry wrap. Tasted disgusting and when i complained the guy serving us just shrugged and didn’t give me anything in return. My friend who got the liberty burger said that the burger was dry and sour, and the onions were just dripping with oil. Both the chips were pretty tepid and floppy, i guess they were sat out for a while.

The pizzas didn’t look like the pictures of pizzas they had on show in the place, it looked like somebody had prebaked a tesco margharita pizza, then just topped it with more toppings and cheese. As the base was burnt on the pizza, but the onions were raw. The Chinese chicken was ok, but something i’d expect to buy in Iceland for £1.

i wouldn’t recommend it...bit of a tourist trap.

Edited by laddie69

sorry i meant wings,that realy doesnt matter, the food was still not up to much,im glad you enjoyed yours thow,if the grub was good ide have said so but it wasnt so now you might get your act together and sort it,hope you do or youle not be open long.

I think they will just be refining how they do things. They will still be getting things like portion sizes standardized across their customer base. I have been in again on Saturday night and had a burger with fries which was a really good. They will take a few weeks to get everything correct.

I'd like to open a restaurant or start my own business but I think it's a bit risky as things are still not great within our economy. I would need a sizable amount of money to do either.

I'm not a big forum user this is only about the 10th time iv posted on a forum. The other 8 on a rally forum about 2006-7.