Ulley resevoir fishing finished

spider1

Far from finished for the sake of a ten minute walk just had around 70lb bream biggest nearly 8lb. Just hope no one else wants to walk all the more for me:hihi::hihi:

10 mins walk what are you an olympic runner. Should get your scales checked as well. Bream only grow to 8lbs if they are eating high protein bates put in by carp lads. Definately none in ulley. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well done on a fine net of fish Chris.

You'll be ok Chris apparently no one else fishes there so it's all yours.

Oh yes you can guarantee there was no one else there.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 16:54 ----------

Haha, what's wrong with people ?

I'd think nothing of walking from Wybourn to Tinsley locks, and back again, or walking a good section of the Don with a light stick float set up.

You will find out when you get to 70. The vast majority of anglers these days are pensioners

10 mins walk what are you an olympic runner. Should get your scales checked as well. Bream only grow to 8lbs if they are eating high protein bates put in by carp lads. Definately none in ulley. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Talking crap again what about big bream in dam flask . Under bank . Worsborough. None of these been fed carp baits. Clumber park bream grow to massive sizes again without carp additives .

Talking crap again what about big bream in dam flask . Under bank . Worsborough. None of these been fed carp baits. Clumber park bream grow to massive sizes again without carp additives .[/QUO

Granted clumber a very unusual water has bream above 8lbs in but none of the others unless its a one off fish. A party of 4 of us fished ulley for 15 years and not one any were near that size. The match record at ulley stands at 52lbs of bream caught at peg one . Steel city match about 8 years ago. By you must be some angler:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Talking crap again what about big bream in dam flask . Under bank . Worsborough. None of these been fed carp baits. Clumber park bream grow to massive sizes again without carp additives .

You really are talking to the wall Chris, some folk just refuse to listen.

I had to stop fishing Ully when due to health issues I was unable to make the walk.

It transpires that when the rotherham council changed the parking policy recently it finished the reservoir as a viable venue, I think the proper phrase is (Ully reservoir finished)

I thought leave it to the more abled to make a short jaunt, it seems others are more than a little bitter and can't accept that other folk will still fish there.

You really are talking to the wall Chris, some folk just refuse to listen.

I had to stop fishing Ully when due to health issues I was unable to make the walk.

It transpires that when the rotherham council changed the parking policy recently it finished the reservoir as a viable venue, I think the proper phrase is (Ully reservoir finished)

I thought leave it to the more abled to make a short jaunt, it seems others are more than a little bitter and can't accept that other folk will still fish there.

They did not sell one season ticket at ulley last year. And not one match was held there. As an angler you should be lobbying for a car park near bridge and why not . Lets make it a fishing venue again matches every saturday . Times have changed anglers want there car near them is this to much to ask. It would not cost a fortune and why should anglers like yourself not be able to fish there. I think the Disablity rights access at fisheries should be looked at here. We are installing new platforms at Treeton Dike for the disabled by the way. None at Ulley

Not every angler prefers to take the permit rout and much prefer to be more of a nomad type fishing different venues.

Accept it mate your days of res fishing are over, rather than being on the verge of (bad temper) bite the bullet and use the skill you've accrued to fish more accessible waters.

What's the alternative.

Archived