Angel pub in Woodhouse

Hi has anyone been to the Angel pub in Woodhouse, we fancy a change and we just wanted to know if anyone has been recently and what it was like. Thanks:)

Hi has anyone been to the Angel pub in Woodhouse, we fancy a change and we just wanted to know if anyone has been recently and what it was like. Thanks:)

Last time I went in there the landlord served me in his vest. It might be ok now.

why were you wearing the landlords vest?

That made, me laugh, last time went in Angel not overly impressed but people like it so won't knock them for it.

Food good but the barman/waiter (landlord??) is a real miserable so n so.....

ive enjoyed it everytime ive been, not for a while tho

At an average of 14 posts every single day for the last eight years, I'm surprised you have the time.

At an average of 14 posts every single day for the last eight years, I'm surprised you have the time.

and you bothered to work that out? :suspect:

:hihi:

why were you wearing the landlords vest?

I hope you realise I'll have nightmares tonight now.

The Angel looks ok if the Jam Nights on Thursday are anything to go by. It seems pretty up-market by Woodhouse standards. I live near the Royal, George and Stag; the latter two have been up for lease/sale for a while.

There are some interesting characters to be observed standing outside the Royal taking in the view across the road despite its claim to a 5-star smoking annexe. I have just found out about the murder in 2011. The George has enough people sat smoking and swearing outside to persuade me not to go in and the Stag has an 'outside seating area' that is full of drinkers with children running all over the square on balmy days and drunks shouting at each other in the evenings.

Thanks for the reply. We have tried the Elmfield Pub new one near Swallownest/Beighton. Food is great, its not a pub where you can just go for a drink only, great for kids as well. Overall would recommed.:)