Burgoyne Road School

Ther was a fruit and veg. shop on the corner of Burgoyne and Langsett roads owned by a family named Marriott.

presumably veg shop not there any more? do you know where they moved to? Thanks for reply.

Sorry no, last I knew, there was a junk shop in that location

When I was in Sheffield youth theatre, thirty years ago, nearly, we used to meet in an old school that was replaced by a more modern one, on the Langsett estate.

The old school, a school-board school, was "ex walkley junior school"

I seem to remember it was somewhere about the junction at the bottom of Carr road with ?walkley road?

meg jepson used to run it,it was called dramaspace,upstairs in the old walkley school on burnaby street, i worked there as a trainee caretaker in 1980

My ex, known then, as Lyn Butterworth and her sister Elaine lived on Burgoyne Road between the school and the pub and were both pupils. If anyone knows them Ill pass on your regards

If my memory serves me right, was their mother the daughter of Mr & Mrs Stringfellow who ran the corner shop on Harworth Street?

If my memory serves me right, was their mother the daughter of Mr & Mrs Stringfellow who ran the corner shop on Harworth Street?

Yep their mums name is Joyce

My Mum Vicky Thompson (before she was married) went to St Mary's school and so did her brother Russell and sister Joy. They lived at 90 Fir Street, Walkley. I went there for a while and then moved to Bole Hill first School. My aunty Gail Thompson also went there, we are both thirty now though, so you do the maths. Happy days.

all my family went to st marys and my nan lives on fir street

my familys name is saville

So the question of the day is ,where does the name Burgoyne come from (sounds french to me) and #2 are they in any way connected to the Burgoyne's of Penistone rd,and of course where are the Burgoyne's now ,(Burton st school1945-49ish) so many questions for a sunday afternoon

Anybody remember a Marriott family living in Burgoyne Street 50's/60's

I lived on Burgoyne Road (29) from 1954, next yard down below Windleys the undertakers and my grandparents lived a few doors below us, they were called Marriott.

Like to track down Jennifer Gregory had a sister Brigitte there dad had the buthchers below the school