Burgoyne Road School

we used to live 3 houses below it on cundy street - did she live on cundy st or burgoyne rd

Hello everybody. I went to Burgoyne Road School from 1947 to 1957. My two sisters, Ann and Janet and I lived opposite the school and our maiden name was Cross. Does anyone remember us?

I remember Miss Whitham, Mrs Millhouse and Mr Morris. We very much respected them - some of them were quite strict. It was a lovely school.

Please email me if you remember either me or my sisters.

Eileen

Hello everybody. I went to Burgoyne Road School from 1947 to 1957. My two sisters, Ann and Janet and I lived opposite the school and our maiden name was Cross. Does anyone remember us?

I remember Miss Whitham, Mrs Millhouse and Mr Morris. We very much respected them - some of them were quite strict. It was a lovely school.

Eileen

Hi, Eileen, My wife JOSE (nee Loy) went there from 1948-1958 and she remembers you

She lived on Daniel Hill Street with her brother Jack and sister Myrna. Jose will be 64 this month and she thinks she was in the class below you..

thanks arrodbo my sister ann remembers your wife and her sister more than I do although i remember the name

Eileen

what road did you live on burgyne or cundy street

Lived on Burgoyne road opposite the school, aunt Gladys had a daughter named Margaret Evans And she lives on or lived on top of Blake street,she will be about 63 or 64 now

Eileen

EILEEN WHAT ROAD DID U LIVE ON LIKE I SAID MY MUM AND DAD LIVED ON CUNDY ST JUST BELOW SCHOOL

I should have said I lived on corner of harworth st.opposite side of school to cundy st.my sisters remember the Evans family they lived in what we called the big yard opposite school gates about a dozen families lived there it must have been noisy when all the kids played together .

Hi Eileen

I remember you and your sister very well. I was Diane Worfolk when I lived in the "big yard" on Burgoyne Road. My front door faced your house on Harworth Street, and Ann was in my class at school, but I also played with yourself and Janet at times. I can also remember Jose Loy of course, and Susan Harrison, who also lived in the "big yard", who was my bridesmaid, but who sadly is not longer with us, along with Margaret Evans who lived at the top of the yard. Would love to hear from Ann.

I went to Burgoyne Rd 1960-66, Mr Cohen was head, he ruled with a rod of iron, other teachers-Mrs Wilson, Miss Ling, Mrs Nicholson, Miss Penrose, Mrs Clarke, Mr Davy & Mr Simmonds.

Class mates-Tony Archer, John Unwin, Ron Hilton, Neil Cadman, Steve Simpson, Michael Naylor, John Naylor, Anne Stones, Pat Gibbons, Vicky Gott, John King, Leslie Richford, Paul Eckhart, Valerie Ambler, Jaqueline Clarke to name a few.

I lived on Hoole St, my bedroom window looked on to the school, fond memories of that place, i'm glad it's still standing

Anybody remember a Marriott family living in Burgoyne Street 50's/60's

I think you mean Burgoyne Road. I seem to think my brother Ben had a mate called Marriott, could his name have been Leonard, if so I recall him, but I must say the mind plays strange tricks after all these years.