Tinsley, Meadowhall & Brinsworth..good places to live?

Brinsworth would be my choice. Known the area for approx 12years, never had a problem at all. Schools good, nice people, very little crime.

I have lived in brinsworth for 21 yrs, nice area, good schools,never had trouble round this area i'd say nice place to live. hope that helps

I grew up in Brinsworth and my parents still live there now. Good schools, shops and has a real sense of community. And to top it all the parish council have one of the best bonfire firework displays for miles.

My Grandma lived in Tinsley for 97 years in the same house and saw some changes.

Air quality ???, when I went to live there in 1959, the air was thick with sulphur from Steel, Peech and Tozer, but they had to shoot an oldie to start a cemetery.

Hi there, we are considering moving to sheffield & want to live near the EIS and need good schools close by too. Having no knowledge of the area we've just looked at a map & Tinsley, Meadowhall & Brinsworth seem to meet these requirements.

However, I just wanted some input from people who live in sheffield as whether these are good places to live?

Thanks for your help & if you have any other suggestions we would be very grateful! :)

Tinsley is an Asian area, just so you know.

I concur with suewaddy. I lived in Brinsworth from 1974 to 1987, when I buggered off to pastures new. Close to the M1 and the main routes to wherever, countryside not far away, all in all, it was a good place to live. The Duke of Norfolk's Estate about two miles away in Rotherham end of Moorgate Road is a quieter and smaller more select private estate, if you can afford it.

Hi Diane, just wondering why near EIS?

duke of norfork was the best estate in rotherham at one time..... not so sure these days .

Brinsworth, catcliffe (blue mans way area) and Treeton are all very good areas that you will find are close enough.

deffo brinsworth especially ferleigh drive beautiful houses and no anti social yobs

You might want to consider disruption to the area if HS2 is built.

I used to live in Tinsley. I wouldn't live there again.

Of your choices, I would also pick Brinsworth. But as others suggest, try looking at some parts of Wincobank, or even Treeton. Last time I looked, Treeton is cheap to buy in, but you probably would want to have a car. Both Treeton and Catcliffe seem like up and coming areas, lots of new builds.