Problems at Damons, Crystal Peaks?

Reading some of the reviews it looks like people are expecting 5 star dining in a slightly larger version of McDonalds.

We use Damons several times a year - but it is always noisy(especially at busy times),all the food is fried,the free birthday cake is worth 10p.

In my experience service is usually good,but it is an establishment i wouldn't recommend to everyone for all the reasons listed above.Some people i know would enjoy picking their food up like a BBQ with waiters others would curl up and die,but then again i wouldn't be caught dead in Taybarns.

I always thought of it as 'McDonald's for grown ups' Not my cup of tea, but it always seemed popular in the past?

After reading post number 2 on trip advisor, surely any restaurant that has to have a bouncer on the door is one to avoid.

I've not been in many years but even then the food was awful. Frozen reformed burgers for and extortionate price I seem to remember.

I went once, admittedly over 10 years ago, when it was a the height of its popularity the food wasn't that bad actually, though the onion loaf I can only imagine to be what eating loft insulation would be like. My son went a few Christmas's ago on a works evening and picked up Campylobacter which we believe was from there, so we haven't visited since.

not been for a couple of years,we are booked to go this saturday worried after reading those reviews:(

After reading post number 2 on trip advisor, surely any restaurant that has to have a bouncer on the door is one to avoid.

I've not been in many years but even then the food was awful. Frozen reformed burgers for and extortionate price I seem to remember.

They've always had a door man to open the doors - we always thought it a pleasant addition.

not been for a couple of years,we are booked to go this saturday worried after reading those reviews:(

You'll be fine, the car park is always full at the weekends anyway! Its all fried food, how could they possibly screw that up?

The food is edible,service is good.

Complaints about sides is really poor,the method of service hasn't changed since they opened.

Bread and butter,order taken,sides delivered(salad etc) onion loaf with mains.

We've always eaten ours as they arrive almost as appetisers and starters.

I'm not defending them,i just find some of the comments on TA slightly assinine.

The food is edible,service is good.

Complaints about sides is really poor,the method of service hasn't changed since they opened.

Bread and butter,order taken,sides delivered(salad etc) onion loaf with mains.

We've always eaten ours as they arrive almost as appetisers and starters.

I'm not defending them,i just find some of the comments on TA slightly assinine.

thanks im sure it will be ok then:)

My family in law froth at the mouth at Damon's and I bloody hate it. For the price you could actually eat somewhere decent.

I ordered the salmon once and could've hammered a nail in the table with it.

And don't even get me started on the 'chicken burger', piece of cardboard in a stale bun with one sad piece of lettuce and cold chips. From what I remember (this was two years ago now), it cost about £13!!!!!! I can think of hundreds of decent restaurants you could eat for £13 for a main and be satisfied.

Also, wine from a tap. Really?

Went a week ago for the wifes birthday, onion loaf was fab and the ribs spot on and she got her meal free (a bonus)