Longley Junior and Infants school

i must be about the same age as you 2 i went there in 1947 used to go with judy regester and her cousin pat bland

was in the same class as judy register and pat bland my name is david stewart

hi david sorry cant remember the name mine was valerie scanlan but i bet we remember lots of school friends did you live on the shirecliffe

hi david sorry cant remember the name mine was valerie scanlan but i bet we remember lots of school friends did you live on the shirecliffe

i lived on boynton crescent 3 doors away from lilian lockwood

yes i remember lillian her mum used to look after me sometimes i think she lives in america now i used to live on musgrave cres now in tenerife val

No. 3 Bullerboy / Skippy, I must be the young guy as I didn't start 'til 1948.

I missed the first day, as I changed my mind about school and hung on to the railings at the top wood on Shirecliffe Road and wouldn't let go so my sister (aged 7) had to take me home. Can you imagine a 7 year old taking a 5 year old to school on his first day now?

I soon got to enjoy it though as I fell in love with Miss Broadhead, who had the shiniest forehead I had ever seen.

Some one may remember me in around 1953 as the 10 year old who used to swing on the school gate, and trapped my finger in the locking device. I kept a cool head though and ran over the crossing at Herries Road into the Butcher's shop. Ozi lost a few customers that day.

Edited by millsie
missing words

Hi Millsie,I remember Ozzie Bennett well he was a big bloke always cheerful,I bet you nicked comics from shaws next door as well.

was there late 50`s 60`s miss Patterson headmistress miss cain my last form teacher before secondary school remember janet oates dawn brownhill Austin brothers was in childrens home on everingham road

Old Ozzie never forgot me, probably 'cos mum used to go there 'til into the 80's and tell him all about my progress in life. My first visit back to UK was in 1980, after 15 years away, when I last saw him. Great bloke, always gave me a bit extra when I had to fetch the meat. No, I didn't pinch comics from Shaw's, too naive at that age, didn't start 'til Mr. Quale rubbed me up the wrong way. I don't know why you have that quote 'someone always makes it cheaper....etc" cos it was always cheaper for you as you either read my Eagle or pinched it!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I was about 14 before I pinched something, a pencil and rubber, and I nearly cried from fright walking out the shop. Such a wimp, something called a conscience I think, or petrified what would happen if my dad found out!

Just found out about Le Tour Yorkshire, how great is that, is the city thrilled about it? I think that Skippy is coming back for it.

Bye

Catch u bullerboy

Old Ozzie never forgot me, probably 'cos mum used to go there 'til into the 80's and tell him all about my progress in life. My first visit back to UK was in 1980, after 15 years away, when I last saw him. Great bloke, always gave me a bit extra when I had to fetch the meat. No, I didn't pinch comics from Shaw's, too naive at that age, didn't start 'til Mr. Quale rubbed me up the wrong way. I don't know why you have that quote 'someone always makes it cheaper....etc" cos it was always cheaper for you as you either read my Eagle or pinched it!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I was about 14 before I pinched something, a pencil and rubber, and I nearly cried from fright walking out the shop. Such a wimp, something called a conscience I think, or petrified what would happen if my dad found out!

Just found out about Le Tour Yorkshire, how great is that, is the city thrilled about it? I think that Skippy is coming back for it.

Bye

Catch u bullerboy

If skippy wants to join in I can flog him an old Wiggys gas pipe.Well just a bit of useless info,Alec Quayle and his wife Dot are buried together in Swinton churchyard as is her mom and dad mr and mrs Tugby.I went up Bradfield last week and couldnt help notice they have converted the main rd scrambles course into a race track now for the bike race,so yo see all it needs to get the roads fixed in Sheffield is a bike race.I dont think its going up Shirecliffe though.catch you later millsie.:D

Just found out about Le Tour Yorkshire, how great is that, I think that Skippy is coming back for it.

I'll be watching it at home on the telly mate, there's no way you would get me up on them moors in the pouring rain and gale force winds nowadays. :loopy::hihi:

Hi Skippy, I've been quiet again. Definitely going back for Le Grand Departe next year in Yorkshire. Booked a place just outside York for a week. Have a spare bedroom, only the wife and me going there so far, want to join us? Hope to spend more time in Sheffield this time though, like to meet up with Bullerboy if he is out on parole.

Millsie

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 00:30 ----------

Hi bullerboy, I'm still alive. As I have just told Skippy, hope to catch up with you this time as I will be spending more time in and around Sheffield on and off from mid June 'til end of July. You had better fix up the weather this time, was not impressed last year!

Millsie

Hi Skippy, I've been quiet again. Definitely going back for Le Grand Departe next year in Yorkshire. Booked a place just outside York for a week. Have a spare bedroom, only the wife and me going there so far, want to join us? Hope to spend more time in Sheffield this time though, like to meet up with Bullerboy if he is out on parole.

Millsie

---------- Post added 24-10-2013 at 00:30 ----------

Hi bullerboy, I'm still alive. As I have just told Skippy, hope to catch up with you this time as I will be spending more time in and around Sheffield on and off from mid June 'til end of July. You had better fix up the weather this time, was not impressed last year!

Millsie

Hi Millsie,I got out early for good behavior now thats a first,great news your coming over i'll look forward to meeting up with you.Im on holiday in Germany for the first two weeks in july but ime sure we can fix something up.Skippy is getting nesh in his old age anyhow he will have forgotten what Bradfield looks like now.eheh yes it may be a bit warmer but not as warm as you have it just now.:D see you soon then Mel.