Yeovil vs Blades (2nd leg )

Is that all aimed at Mr McCabe? As I'm sure Flo was at the Lane in the last of the original Premier League seasons (1993-4), and according to Bloomberg...

"Mr. Kevin Charles McCabe has been the Chairman of Sheffield United Plc since January 2002 and has been its Non-Executive Director since November 21, 1998"...

so probably wasn't his decision then at least! :)

Blame him for the fiasco surrounding the sale of James Beattie by all means, but not Jostein Flo!

Yes I was thinking of Beattie and typed Flo for some reason. LOL.

I was mainly thinking about Beattie who didn't want to go and when we bought Ward from Chesterfireld and as soon as he turned out to be worth anything he was sold aswell.

Thanks Graps, It just goe's to show that apart from Toga some us are nearly sane.;)

"nearly' is the right word there Cuttsie! :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 09:25 ----------

Yes I was thinking of Beattie and typed Flo for some reason. LOL.

I was mainly thinking about Beattie who didn't want to go and when we bought Ward from Chesterfireld and as soon as he turned out to be worth anything he was sold aswell.

Probably more than anything that happened over the last few years, Beattie was the crucial one, we sold him in January and missed out on automatic promotion by goal difference (from memory at least, by one goal I think?), I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that James Beattie would have scored enough goals to secure us automatic. Same situation with the other striker last season, I have no doubt we would have gone up automatically. With Blackman it is debatable, as he was not as prolific as the other two.

The difference with the above being that Beattie and Blackman were in our control, the other one wasn't.

The first thing to sort out is the manager situation, one way or another, and then a massive change to the team. We should be able to pay decent wages compared to other teams in the League and I would like to think some decent players will become available, probably on free transfers. Hopefully we have a good scouting system and irons in the fire already.

I saw odds of 5/1, looked at what was in the league and saw an easy (so I thought) way of making £500 ha ha.

It happens, plenty more money to be earned and lost :)

How long have you supported Sheff U ? you should know by now there is noooo easy way with united - let that be a lesson learned. :D

"nearly' is the right word there Cuttsie! :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 09:25 ----------

Probably more than anything that happened over the last few years, Beattie was the crucial one, we sold him in January and missed out on automatic promotion by goal difference (from memory at least, by one goal I think?), I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that James Beattie would have scored enough goals to secure us automatic. Same situation with the other striker last season, I have no doubt we would have gone up automatically. With Blackman it is debatable, as he was not as prolific as the other two.

The difference with the above being that Beattie and Blackman were in our control, the other one wasn't.

The first thing to sort out is the manager situation, one way or another, and then a massive change to the team. We should be able to pay decent wages compared to other teams in the League and I would like to think some decent players will become available, probably on free transfers. Hopefully we have a good scouting system and irons in the fire already.

I totally agree. I heard Chris Morgan today saying he wants the job and to continue working with this group of players. This group of players aren't good enough and a big turnaround in players is needed for me. Now the season's finished I thought he may have said he'd make changes if he got the job as he no longer needs to keep the morale high. To be fair to him he could only work with what he had in the short time he was given.

Blackman going in January did cost us in my opinion and I can't understand how Mr McCabe with his many years of supporting United hasn't realised that whenever we have sold our leading strikers in mid season we have either been relegated or failed to win promotion. So many times dating back to Mick Jones and Alan Birchenall in the 60's.

I totally agree. I heard Chris Morgan today saying he wants the job and to continue working with this group of players. This group of players aren't good enough and a big turnaround in players is needed for me. Now the season's finished I thought he may have said he'd make changes if he got the job as he no longer needs to keep the morale high. To be fair to him he could only work with what he had in the short time he was given.

Blackman going in January did cost us in my opinion and I can't understand how Mr McCabe with his many years of supporting United hasn't realised that whenever we have sold our leading strikers in mid season we have either been relegated or failed to win promotion. So many times dating back to Mick Jones and Alan Birchenall in the 60's.

I agree !

As much as I love Chris I'm not sure he's the man to take us up. Just a personal opinion I'd like someone who has form and if we have to shell out for that then so be it.

Mr (parasite) mccabe has cost us AGAIN .

Selling Nick Blackman as i said at the time was a stupid thing to do.

Look at our stats since he was sold .... pathetic . Was the money reinvested in a decent striker .No

The writing was on the wall when he wouldnt pay for 50% of Gallaghers wage to keep him earlier in the season .

So this season he has reduced the wage bill massively . Made a £4.7 million profit on Lowton and Blackman , and us the fans are left shortchanged again .

Kevin sell the club or give it up and go and live on Jacob Esans farm in Nigeria .

Not watching it mate,but serious question,would you have fancied your chances against any of those two teams in the final.

TBH Gazza no, that Donaldson at Brentford great talent but what a cheat, gets kicked in arm goes down holding face, I think had we got to final we could have gone one of 2 ways.

We'd have got mauled, or bored the pants off them so they fell asleep and we scored on the break. I knew we would not get to Wembley in what remains of the heart as last time we lost in final, and got to semi's year after we lost.

Thomas cook have asked blades fans to stop calling because you dont need an american visa to travel to the new york stadium

Correct but it's best to get some medical shots just in case! :P