Old Cart and Horses in High Green - Sainsburys PP refused

I heard that councilors went against the plan of building a new Sainsburys while demolishing the Old Cart and Horses Pub in High Green. I have never been to High Green, just wondering if anyone can give me some thoughts and ideas towards the pub or the decision? Cox apparently everyone goes against the building of sainsburys..

People are against the location its a nightmare on wortley rd at the best of times the new Sainsburys would just add to the problem.

I doubt they'll be a Sainsburys there, a One Stop Tesco is getting built where the Fosters use to be.

I doubt they'll be a Sainsburys there, a One Stop Tesco is getting built where the Fosters use to be.

I heard there will be a new Tesco. It's just people opposed to the idea of hving a sainsbury's so strongly that I feel there might be sth more apart from not hving a handy convenient store.

I heard there will be a new Tesco. It's just people opposed to the idea of hving a sainsbury's so strongly that I feel there might be sth more apart from not hving a handy convenient store.

Like already been said,its the location thats the problem.

Like already been said,its the location thats the problem.

So it's basically becox of the traffic?

So it's basically becox of the traffic?

Yeah,i would say so.

A shame really Nisa could do with some healthy competition, it's got the full monopoly of High Green at the moment especially since Harphams closed their doors!

I live at the back of the Cart and Horses pub and I'm pleased this has been thrown out.

The traffic on Wortley Road is poor due to the layout of the road. It's the main road through High Green but due to parts of it being narrow and cars parking on it, during the busier periods of the day it can be a bit of a nightmare. Anybody who has tried to negotiate the road when there are a couple of buses going up and down will know exactly what I mean.

I'd also question whether we really need another small supermarket. There's already Nisa at the top of the road and the Co op at Greengate Lane.

Regards

Doom

Nisa's prices are ridiculous, and co-op is simply full of children who stand on the front with hoodies. I hate parking there, you never know what's going to happen to your car.

I think a Tesco would be great near the fosters in my opinion.

Nisa's prices are ridiculous, and co-op is simply full of children who stand on the front with hoodies. I hate parking there, you never know what's going to happen to your car.

I think a Tesco would be great near the fosters in my opinion.

As long as the hoodies dont decide to re,locate there instead of the co.op.they yeah so do i.

Had a letter today informing me that Sainsburys has had its planning application to build in Highgreen refused. It had applied for a shop and a [so far un- named] fast food outlet to be built on the site of the Old Cart and Horses pub.

The site actually sits adjacent to a traffic island so ot would cause havoc. A 200 year old building was to be demolished, this building deserves better. OK, its run down now, but it deserves something more in keeping with its history and its location.

Thank you, City Council for your commonsense decision. :)