St George's Day in Sheffield

mesmorgan

To you, maybe there is.

The Marathon today is what it means to be British.

I was so proud to be part of this great country and part of the UK and i would like to think that the world was jealous at how we are so united.

But it wasnt English. It was British.

Maybe you should focus on that because St Georges will never be popular and maybe disappear.

We are too close to our borders FACEBOOK.

because St Georges will never be popular.

It is ALREADY very popular, hence millions of people will be celebrating it, many events and comments about the festivals are all over the internet. Just watch twitter and facebook on the 23rd to see just how popular St George's day is. You are wrong and I shall expect a full apology to be forthcoming.

It is ALREADY very popular, hence millions of people will be celebrating it, many events and comments about the festivals are all over the internet. Just watch twitter and facebook on the 23rd to see just how popular St George's day is. You are wrong and I shall expect a full apology to be forthcoming.

I really wish you were right but Halloween is more popular than SG day.

But it doesnt have to be mainstream to mean anything.

I was only trying to start a debate than being British has bigger connotations than being English and that would be a more successful campaign to become a public holiday.

But if it makes you happy ill concede

How will you be celebrating, what events to celebrate will there be is there a beer tent in the peace gardens?

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 08:24 ----------

Oops wrong section can someone move it to Sheffield discussions please?

How will you be celebrating, what events to celebrate will there be is there a beer tent in the peace gardens?

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 08:24 ----------

Oops wrong section can someone move it to Sheffield discussions please?

You can't discuss Sheffield discussions on here .

The word Sheffield has been hijacked by a football club.

All further references to the name Sheffield must go through the office at Bramall Lane for permission.

You can't discuss Sheffield discussions on here .

The word Sheffield has been hijacked by a football club.

All further references to the name Sheffield must go through the office at Bramall Lane for permission.

Have you got the phone number mate?