Cash 4 clothes , summer crime wave in the making ?

We on S5 have now a secure cabin appeared in the local supermarket carpark adverting cash for clothing. This is nothing new granted and nothing to show off about.

Now with things how it is and money tight will we have to guard our washing now during the summer drying time. We have noticed a spike in things getting stolen from the line at ours and our families homes. Things getting stolen aren't worth anything , oil soaked clothing I use for the car, towels, school uniforms nothing of value like track suits and designer gear.

Are you trying to talk S5 down again

Cash for clothes wont take damaged/stained clothing or school uniforms. And they do check everything!

how do they check ownership on a pair of jeans

I have a pair of jeans which I believe to be stolen. From a guy called Lee, according to the name sewn into them.

hes been nicking loads his surname is cooper i think!

Haha, not checking ownership, checking quality. They wont take anything with school logos, or basically anything that wont sell

Eric I sympathise - It's easily conceivable that items will disappear now this industry has sprung up. Charity shops will probably lose out too. So what is fuelling this demand? Where are the clothes being sold on to? Are they going abroad? I believe that clothing items we would discard here are popular in places such as South Africa, Nigeria etc. I suppose we don't realise how relatively wealthy we are here in comparison to less developed nations. But if this is the case is it really economical to ship there and still make a profit?

Maybe they go somewhere else. Any ideas anyone?

Eric I sympathise - It's easily conceivable that items will disappear now this industry has sprung up. Charity shops will probably lose out too. So what is fuelling this demand? Where are the clothes being sold on to? Are they going abroad? I believe that clothing items we would discard here are popular in places such as South Africa, Nigeria etc. I suppose we don't realise how relatively wealthy we are here in comparison to less developed nations. But if this is the case is it really economical to ship there and still make a profit?

Maybe they go somewhere else. Any ideas anyone?

It is annoying having to bring in washing even when its not dry , but I guess you want to wear them again then its a must. It's annoying when people can take for granted washing will be there when they come home from work or get home from the shops only to find its been robbed.

This week alone washings already been taken, sheds been riffled and metal bits ( old car springs ) taken. I found the shed items on the field parson cross park, they took plastic tool boxes that contained boxes of water damaged screws. I think they thought they had power tools so dumped them. The clothing went same night too off the line.

Now little concerning about the clothing as its police issue raid jump suits what they use to raid drugs dens. I bought them from the factory for work coveralls for doing the car/work as they were £5 a pop , now who knows has them or what they going to do with them. The POLICE patches were removed before sale which is kind of a good thing.

It is annoying having to bring in washing even when its not dry , but I guess you want to wear them again then its a must. It's annoying when people can take for granted washing will be there when they come home from work or get home from the shops only to find its been robbed.

This week alone washings already been taken, sheds been riffled and metal bits ( old car springs ) taken. I found the shed items on the field parson cross park, they took plastic tool boxes that contained boxes of water damaged screws. I think they thought they had power tools so dumped them. The clothing went same night too off the line.

Now little concerning about the clothing as its police issue raid jump suits what they use to raid drugs dens. I bought them from the factory for work coveralls for doing the car/work as they were £5 a pop , now who knows has them or what they going to do with them. The POLICE patches were removed before sale which is kind of a good thing.

did they get your nurses uniform too?? :D

did they get your nurses uniform too?? :D

Lucky I was wearing that !

:hihi:

I haven't hung my washing outside for years as I got fed up of it being knicked off the line, not to mention I couldn't afford to keep replacing everything. Never had designer labels or anything like that either.

There's something not right when you can't even hang your washing out to dry.