What's Longley S5 Like

Not sure which section to post this but if anyone lives in or has lived in Longley I would appreciate any feedback on the area.

Thankyou

It's like most areas really, some nice(ish) parts, some parts that aren't. Best thing to do is to go and have a look around, go at different times of the day to see what you think.

Check the Police Crime website. http://www.police.uk put in the post code and it'll show you crime stats for the area.

Yeah Longley is probably the Nicest area to live in the S5 area !

The bottom end of Longley below Herries Avenue is Especially nice, with the Park nearby also.

Thankyou for your replies. I did wonder if it's one of the better areas in S5. I'll check out that police website too.

I'm currently looking at Norwood in S5. Affordable houses but not an area i'm really familiar with! Near the hospital and meadowhall which is good, but need to do what you suggested and go at different times of the day to see what the areas really like.

I'e been around the area 5 or 6 times over the last week and it's so quiet. I've been at different times of the day and each time I've not seen anything out of the ordinary.

I'm currently looking at Norwood in S5. Affordable houses but not an area i'm really familiar with! Near the hospital and meadowhall which is good, but need to do what you suggested and go at different times of the day to see what the areas really like.

I live in Norwood and have done so for nearly 7 years and it's the best place I've lived.

I think your all talking about a different area I lived there and it's not so nice

I live in Norwood been here 14 years and never had any problems it is probably one of the better areas in S5 it is usually really quiet, I walk the dog in the local woods on my own every day and have never felt threatened at all.

Person A -" its a nice area"

Person B - "no it isn't, it's rough"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Person A -" No it isn't"

Person B - "Yes it it"

Repeat until bored, as usually happens with threads of this nature.

I live in Norwood and have done so for nearly 7 years and it's the best place I've lived.

have you been to the four greens area?. its like a chavs paradise!!. this part is one of the worst, so dont bother visiting. i have been here 20years plus had nothing but trouble from teenager, and housebreak ins. every car i have owned has been broken into and vandalized. one thing though my neighbors have been the best.if it wasnt for them would have gone years ago.

I grew up round the Southey/Longley/Norwood areas:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Parts of EVERY area in Britain or if you want the World have good and bad parts.

Where I am in Southey is quiet, where my parents lived was quiet but if you go a few streets over:help:

I`ve also lived in some of the so called roughest parts of town, it all depends on how you interpret a rough area and how you act.