HUGE thank you to Sheffield Childrens A&E Staff

Lucky to have such a fantastic hospital on our doorstep! Had a couple of short stays there with my little girl - staff are brilliant!

I heave great respect for all the staff at the Children's as when I were younger I spent a lot of my life in hospital and it got to the point where most the staff knew me. As said in a post earlier I don't think there are enough people who actually say how great the children's is. You mainly hear negative things.

Thanks to the Children's Staff for helping OP

Dont think anyone has the right to judge when you do not know the circumstances.

Everyone deals with it in their own way.

If you spent a little more time reading the thread before you start flinging personal insults around you'd see I'd already responded to Bethsmummy's message.

I was composing my post when you replied to Bethsmummy. I know you take a dim view of spelling and grammatical errors so I spent ten minutes proofreading it (you're worth it)

And my comments about your attitude were purely complimentary. I just loved the way you condemned other parents for 'abandoning' their children when you had no knowledge of their personal circumstances or indeed the working practices of the NSU. I'm surprised you didn't contact social services to snatch their kids off them as well.

...I think I'd have abandoned my car in the middle of the road and run into the hospital.

Fortunately, most other parents choose to drive and park their vehicles with a little more courtesy to others.

I was composing my post when you replied to Bethsmummy. I know you take a dim view of spelling and grammatical errors so I spent ten minutes proofreading it (you're worth it)

And my comments about your attitude were purely complimentary. I just loved the way you condemned other parents for 'abandoning' their children when you had no knowledge of their personal circumstances or indeed the working practices of the NSU. I'm surprised you didn't contact social services to snatch their kids off them as well.

Fortunately, most other parents choose to drive and park their vehicles with a little more courtesy to others.

It's a shame you have nothing more useful to do with your time isn't it?

Edited by irenewilde

Dont think anyone has the right to judge when you do not know the circumstances.

Everyone deals with it in their own way.

I agree completely.

For some parents they may have spent 10 days in a row at the hospital - but seemingly get judged for not being there.

For some parents the costs to travel may be exorbitant and they may not be able to afford it - but seemingly get judged for not being there.

For some parents they may have taken time off work but are now be on warnings for timekeeping/attendance- but seemingly get judged for not being there.

For some parents they may themselves have fallen ill - but seemingly get judged for not being there.

For some parents they may be alone with little support and other children to care for - but seemingly they get judged for not being there.

And the worse they have done is left their child in a secure environment with trained professionals to look after them!

Edited by pottedplant