Honda HRV cars, what are they like.

I have been looking at Honda HRV, (petrol) 4 wheel drive cars around 8 to 10 years old. Looking at the pictures of them and reading the advertising figures I think one would be suitable for me, however, I don't know anything about them except what the advert's say.

Can any owner answer me the following please.

What is the expected fuel consumption locally (Sheffield) and on a run?

Are they reliable?

What is the road tax on them?

With a full no claims bonus, what kind of cost might the insurance be.

Is there any down sides to them.

Thanks

Stonks

I have been looking at Honda HRV, (petrol) 4 wheel drive cars around 8 to 10 years old. Looking at the pictures of them and reading the advertising figures I think one would be suitable for me, however, I don't know anything about them except what the advert's say.

Can any owner answer me the following please.

What is the expected fuel consumption locally (Sheffield) and on a run?

Are they reliable?

What is the road tax on them?

With a full no claims bonus, what kind of cost might the insurance be.

Is there any down sides to them.

Thanks

Stonks

My sister has the 1.6 petrol, I'd say about 20mpg around town, 30-33 on a run.

Very reliable.

250 odd for the year for tax.

No one can guess your insurance as there are dozens if variables.

Downsides is that they are not great off road but I imagine that's not what you are buying it for.

My sister has the 1.6 petrol, I'd say about 20mpg around town, 30-33 on a run.

Very reliable.

250 odd for the year for tax.

No one can guess your insurance as there are dozens if variables.

Downsides is that they are not great off road but I imagine that's not what you are buying it for.

Its a girl called Rhonnda,in a flat back Honda

Slowing down to take a pop at me

Take it eeeasy,takin it eaeesy :)

Browne/Frey 1973

had mine 2 years bought it off my dad who had it 4 years it has never ever failed to start or broke down in 6 years only thing that has gone is the rear drop links but they are only 15 each and you can fit them in 20 minutes also the rear diff started to grind going round corners but some dual pump fluid sorted that out for 20 pound

tyres are a bit of a wierd size to so they are expensive and you get about 30 to gallon loads of room in the back if you drop seats was thinking of selling mine to be honest its the 5 door in silver 4 brand new tyres got honda roof rack and half leather which is pretty rare and its just coming up to 100000 miles only reason i havent is because its so reliable

Iv'e a mate who's got a petrol engined,He says its garbage on fuel.

having said that,he's had it around 5-6 years so he cant be that unhappy with it.

Diesels would obviously be a better buy ,as its not a sports car,but cost a lot more to purchase in the first place

Iv'e a mate who's got a petrol engined,He says its garbage on fuel.

having said that,he's had it around 5-6 years so he cant be that unhappy with it.

Diesels would obviously be a better buy ,as its not a sports car,but cost a lot more to purchase in the first place

Diesels would not be better if you mainly do short journeys as a) they would be no cheaper overall to run and b) are not design for that so likely to break.

Archived