Funny scorch marks on radiator

I moved my sofa today and noticed that there are funny scorch marks on the radiator behind where the sofa was. The radiator is modern and was only installed about 5 years ago. The other radiators are all ok. The marks cover an area about 15cm x 15cm right in the middle of the radiator and will not clean off.

I tried to google such a problem but just got loads of stuff about discolouration of radiator fluid and leak problems.

Anyone know why the front surface of the radiator would appear scorched?

What colour is the sofa?

It will most defiantly be something that has been toching it whilst hot.

I moved my sofa today and noticed that there are funny scorch marks on the radiator behind where the sofa was. The radiator is modern and was only installed about 5 years ago. The other radiators are all ok. The marks cover an area about 15cm x 15cm right in the middle of the radiator and will not clean off.

I tried to google such a problem but just got loads of stuff about discolouration of radiator fluid and leak problems.

Anyone know why the front surface of the radiator would appear scorched?

Get a tub of 'Bar Keeper's Friend' and use it exactly as advised. It is a miracle on everything.

Get a tub of 'Bar Keeper's Friend' and use it exactly as advised. It is a miracle on everything.

Never heard of that, where can you buy it from ?

I'll give that a go, thanks guys!