Please stop clearing the paths, if you can't also grit them.

Grit does work when it's very cold,grit works by lowering the freezing temperature of water,thus thawing the ice derrrrrr!!!!

Fool :loopy: and if the temperature falls below that then it wont work, the salt that is, but the grit side of things will work at any temp...its for grip, note- calcium chloride is sometimes added to grit, this allowes it to work at very low temps.

Edited by uncle eddy

Fool :loopy: and if the temperature falls below that then it wont work, the salt that is but the grit side of things will work at any temp
Well, yes, except "grit", in the sense of small pieces of crushed stone, isn't used. It's rock salt that is put down. Not "grit" as the public would generally perceive it. The rock salt entirely dissolves. He's not foolish at all in that sense.

Whether or not he's foolish in any other way I couldn't say, I don't know him. Do you?

Well, yes, except "grit", in the sense of small pieces of crushed stone, isn't used. It's rock salt that is put down. Not "grit" as the public would generally perceive it. The rock salt entirely dissolves. He's not foolish at all in that sense.

Whether or not he's foolish in any other way I couldn't say, I don't know him. Do you?

and grit refers to size of the peices i suppose, the clue is in the name..Rock Salt, because it is common salt with impuritys such as rock and earth other wise it would be called sodium chloride.

and grit refers to size of the peices i suppose, the clue is in the name..Rock Salt, because it is common salt with impuritys such as rock and earth other wise it would be called sodium chloride.
Well there is a small percentage of impurities in it but it pretty much dissolves completely. The tiny amount of impurities has no noticeable effect on the traction of vehicles passing over it.

Trust me on this, 'cos I know what I'm blathering on about.