Please stop clearing the paths, if you can't also grit them.

Grit does work when it's very cold,grit works by lowering the freezing temperature of water,thus thawing the ice derrrrrr!!!!
.Edit:

Actually he's right, rock salt doesn't work below -4(-ish).

Not that you'd know it by the standard of spelling exhibited...

Edited by mapleboy

If you're walking a bit gingerly Megalithic then can I suggest for the next snowy or icy spell you invest in some Yaktrax? They take all of the uncertainty about slipping out of walking and that's such a helpful thing for people who are walking in pain.

Thanks Medusa, i keep intending to get some but as always as soon as the snow disappears it goes out of my thoughts. Some decent cheap ones on ebay too that get good reviews on the outdoors sites i use too.

Yes indeedy :) I will do the hard work by clearing the snow but Megaman needs to get off his arse and grit - but like most folk on here he expects others to do it for him :hihi:

Please bear in mind though that some people are unable to clear snow, Megalithic has cited a slipped disc stops him, Medusa has serious problems. I have heart failure & my heart only works at 35-40%, does that mean we have to get off our arses & clear snow. I don't think so friend.

I have nothing but admiration for people that do it for others, just bear in mind not all are able, Medusa sorry for using you in example but you are the one I know of best :)

I have 4 different sorts, from the simple Swedish folded metal plates to the ones with small tungsten carbide spikes, and Yaktrax Pro, and while they all work, the ones with the folded plates and the tungsten carbide spikes really knacker interior floors, which is a problem if you've got a back problem and you need to be indoors to either get your boots on or get your shoe grips onto your boots.

The ones that you really need that don't cause much damage to your interior floors are the ones with the spirals, like Yaktrax, and the Pro ones, which are the ones with the velcro band over the top of your foot to keep them on, actually stay put too :)

OMG better stop posting if it upsets folk - I have but the one real leg by the way doesn't impair me - get on with your lives :)

Yes indeedy :) I will do the hard work by clearing the snow but Megaman needs to get off his arse and grit - but like most folk on here he expects others to do it for him :hihi:

This doesn't meet our forum rules on how you may address others, so please read forum rules again to make sure that you meet forum rules in future.

Laughing at others' medical problems, insulting others, changing others' username, these are all likely to incur a forum suspension if they happen again.

You can't say that you weren't warned if it's posted in plain view, can you?

I have 4 different sorts, from the simple Swedish folded metal plates to the ones with small tungsten carbide spikes, and Yaktrax Pro, and while they all work, the ones with the folded plates and the tungsten carbide spikes really knacker interior floors, which is a problem if you've got a back problem and you need to be indoors to either get your boots on or get your shoe grips onto your boots.

The ones that you really need that don't cause much damage to your interior floors are the ones with the spirals, like Yaktrax, and the Pro ones, which are the ones with the velcro band over the top of your foot to keep them on, actually stay put too :)

I'll take 2 of your yellow canaries please with garlic and massala sauce

OMG better stop posting if it upsets folk - I have but the one real leg by the way doesn't impair me - get on with your lives :)
Westie, if there were benefits that could be claimed for clearing snow, there'd be riots in the streets mate. Plus this forum would be a lot quieter and less entertaining to watch the snow-shovel dodgers whining, 'cos they'd all be out there shovelling like mad and fighting over the last flake. Now I'd pay good money to watch that.

This doesn't meet our forum rules on how you may address others, so please read forum rules again to make sure that you meet forum rules in future.

Laughing at others' medical problems, insulting others, changing others' username, these are all likely to incur a forum suspension if they happen again.

You can't say that you weren't warned if it's posted in plain view, can you?

Excuse me??

These are the ones i keep planning to get as i know a couple of people with the original Kahtoola micro spikes who've bought them and offer very good reviews.

They will seriously shred your indoor floors though, so if you don't have anywhere to change and you have wood, laminate, tile, stone or vinyl flooring I'd go with the Yaktrax.

Voice of experience here. My first pair cracked a floor tile when I hadn't taken them off and they scratch EVERYTHING.

EDIT- and for the occasional use that we have in the UK there's no way I'd spend £45 on grips when you can have Yaktrax for £14.

Edited by medusa

Whooa there!!

I take total exception to this - please show me where..