Sky TV 22 March 2013

Is anyone having problems with Sky today, probably due to the weather. Tried unplugging, but still no satellite signal. South Sheffield area

no problems at brinsworth working fine

This happened to us last time it snowed... When we looked at our dish, it was completely covered in ice. Most likely a similar case for you I guess.

The weather plays havoc on the satellite; I think I will be going to cable soon

I was up a step ladder this morning with a brush, sweep the snow off very gently as you don't want to alter the alignment!

Last time, I stuck a broom out the window near the dish and (carefully) got the snow off the LNB.

no sky! how will we all cope?

maybe the council should sell all of our grit to other towns and city's and use the money to get worker's out to clear everyone's tv dish, so we can all watch sky news all day for the latest minute to minute updates

That's a stupid idea. How will they get from house to house if the roads aren't gritted?

Had same problems ALL day dismantled it all gave it 10 mins re assembled and it came back on! North area sheffield

guttered....

Or even 'gutted'

Deffo snow on dish. We get same problem. If you can reach it with a broom gently brush the snow off. If ya can't reach it with a broom a few well aimed snowballs will knock it off. We had to do that in our old house because the dish was in such an awkward position.