Is the Castle Market still good for fresh fruit and veg?

People who leave such awful comments on this forum about their fellow citizens inc shoppers and hard working stallholders at the Castle Market should be ashamed of them selves.

A visit similar to the Curtis Woodhouse solution would do these people the power of good.

People who leave such awful comments on this forum about their fellow citizens inc shoppers and hard working stallholders at the Castle Market should be ashamed of them selves.

A visit similar to the Curtis Woodhouse solution would do these people the power of good.

well said flower :huh:

You would be better of visiting Tony Curtis.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I shop in the market at least once a week and always find the quality of the fruit and veg to be spot on. Its much cheaper than the supermarkets and lovely and fresh. The fish is lovely too with lots of choice and the staff on the stall where I go are lovely, they always have a laugh with their customers and a friendly word. I agree it is ready to be demolished which is why I cant wait for the new one to be finished.

the fruit and veg in the market are a good deal cheaper than supermarkets for example two packs of blueberries for £1, 3 aubergines also £1, quality good and fresh, the stalls are clean, the building is past its best but that will change soon. I really wish some people would not be so critical of something they know very little about. My advice would be to try it I don't think you would be disappointed

I have used the market for a while for my fruit & vag, prefer it to supermarkets - it stays fresher for longer and is excellent value for money. The fruit & veg stall in the top right (if you're coming in from Wilkinson's shop way) is by far the best. Great service. I stopped going recently to try out a local green grocer and I am going to have to go back. an 'up market' green grocers produce is more expensive and doesn't last long.

Yes, castle market is run down and looks horrific, but you can get better fruit and veg in there by far.

If you park in the Q Park you get discounted parking too for shopping at Castle market (you just need to go to the info desk)