Internal memory on mobile phones

amy 20

Hi all, i am wanting to buy the HTC Desire C and dont fully understand the memory. The only information i could find is on the tesco mobile site saying it had 4gb internal memory/ 512mb. I have the old HTC Wildfire S with low internal memory, couldnt find out how much. Can anyone tell me if the desire c is better than the wildfire s or recommend a phone with good internal memory for less than £200. The desire c is £110 from tesco. Thanks for any help.

Edited by amy 20
spelling

RAM is like the RAM in a computer, it's temporary storage that apps use when they are running...

it's the "storage" on htc's that matter... on the older Wildfire, they only had 512MB and the new has 4GB... still not loads, but enough for a light user....

On the desire c you should have around 850 meg free as 'internal memory' - this is the part where apps are stored.

The rest of the space is for media storage like photos and videos.

By contrast the old wildfires only had about 100 meg available.

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/mobile_phones/htc/desire_c/434485

Edited by stereolab

Thanks for all the replies. I got the HTC Desire C for £90 from phones 4u as it had bigger memory and runs ice cream sandwich. Some of the other more expensive ones like a sony at £160 and htc at £210 had less memory and only ran android 2.3. Is it expensive for the makers to put more memory on phones as they all seem to be low and must no people want more memory.

Is it expensive for the makers to put more memory on phones as they all seem to be low and must no people want more memory.

they could as it isn't that expensive- but the prices would go up accordingly,

take iphone for instance £400 for 16gb £799 for 64gb

i think htc etc put small memory in so the next phone they bring out can be better with an extra 8gb memory or w.e

---------- Post added 10-03-2013 at 18:46 ----------

On the desire c you should have around 850 meg free as 'internal memory' - this is the part where apps are stored.

The rest of the space is for media storage like photos and videos.

By contrast the old wildfires only had about 100 meg available.

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/mobile_phones/htc/desire_c/434485

no its not, don't listen to stereolab the rest of the storage is not for photos and videos its for system apps os etc etc and the memory card is for vids/pics and if it aint got a memory card the 850mb user space(internal memory) is for vids and pics