Pitbike seized by police

hi all not posted for a while but after a bit of advive, police came to my door other morning, came in the house a seized my sons pitbike saying he as been driveing on the fields and roads and they have photo evidence but mmm quess what they wouldnt show me them, anyway after abit of a kick off they took the bike i have now got a solicitor involved and is going to ask them for the photos etc... forgot to say police have given me a slip to go buy the bike back within 21 days WTF DID THEY TAKE IF FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE IF I CAN GO BUY IT BACK... are they allowed to take it from my home and what will happen if it goes over the 21 days ?? will i get cash value back if bike as been crushed or what ever they do with it.

Lets be honest here, the police do not want to go to the trouble of conficating bikes if they are being driven in a responsible, law abiding manner. I suspect your son, with or without your knowledge has upset a neighbour etc. I assume they had a warrant to enter your home etc.. As for the bike, its your choice, you are not buying it back, your are paying a price for seizure/storage and if you pay and collect within 21 days, its yours.. If not it becomes the property of the crown to dispose of how they see fit.You will not see a penny, and you may still get a bill.Not being arsy mate, but the police really have got better things to do

No offence to the OP but good, its about time the police started confiscating un-roadworthy, uninsured and untaxed vehicles!!

Edited by Bonjon

nice to see the police are out doing their job, those pitbikes are horrible things

No offence to the OP but good, its about time the police started confiscating, un-roadworthy, uninsured and untaxed vehicles!!

I'm with you on this one. I notice the OP has not once mentioned the child may have done it, its all about accusing the police of doing something wrong :roll:

Perhaps the OP could back with more information before we all judge and hang him.

1, hes not been on road or field thats why i asked for proof

2, i got the bike for track use to spend more time with him

3 police had no warrent just came straight in there were 5 of them and just did as they pleased

solicitor says we have a good case and will win bike and compo

Perhaps the OP could back with more information before we all judge and hang him.

why the OP has already hung the police.

police would rather bother people like us. i have never had trouble with police in past this is first time. and after this will never cooperate again with them. i mean in bradford even batman as to get real criminals for them.

I wish the Police would come and take the pitbike off the little scr*te who runs it up and down the road and on the pavements for hours each evening here.

we have a few in our village thats my point they dont get theres so why bother me ? when hes not even been out on it, dont get it

we have a few in our village thats my point they dont get theres so why bother me ? when hes not even been out on it, dont get it

Most likely a case of mistaken identity then. No doubt people have been annoyed by others flying about and someone has seen your bike and has reported you. See what your solicitor says about the photos.