Sharkeys R.I.P

clipboard

hey bit of a long shot but just in case anyone who used to work at sharkey's is up for a bit of work at lights down low we are short one cloakroom person this saturday, PM me for details. or actually you could call the shop might be quicker 0114 2669433

as far as the bar shutting it seems like a real shame, the people in there were always dead sound when i went in and it did have some of the best nights in sheffield there, with wicked underground music. it will be missed for sure cos whats the alternative to places like that? not much really.

peas out - chris

Anyone know if the afforemention rumours of it re-opening are going anywhere? Just that there's a work colleague of mine has (sorry HAD) her daughters 21st booked for the end of this month and is obviously in a bit of a pickle now. Failing that, anyone know of anywhere that can hire out a room for Sat 25th Feb? :help:

Ok, time for some impartial comments I feel. (several above from those connected in some way)

And that my friends is why it is now closed. Badly run by people who obviously didn't have the ability or the motivation to make it what it could of been.

Go to any of the bars adjacent and you'd receive vastly superior service probably because they are branded and tasked on such things. Oh and dont talk to me about atmosphere, you need people to have an atmosphere and that was something it always lacked.

Yet another case of someone thinking its easy to make money from a bar and not really having a clue. Maybe the guy who opened the original Sharkeys should have given the Sheffield version a lot more attention. We aren't mugs who are attracted solely by attractive decor and trendy music.

I'm afraid you must just have been very very unlucky.

I have been a frequent visitor to Sharkeys (mainly Thursday nights and W/Es) and have found it to be excellent.

I would say the bar staff are some of the best in Sheffield. Yes they take a while to make a drink but that's coz everything is done with such flourish and flair. They had seriously skillfull cocktail makers and even taking the cap off a bottle of Cus Quen Ya (?) was done with panache.

The drinks were all about as cheap as anywhere else and the atmosphere was far friendlier that the likes of Rev. Muse BRB etc.

Music was always excellent and Mike played a really interesting selection to say the least (although one of my friends would have preferred something a little more "popie"!) New Bohemia was great as was NYE 05 - if not a little underpriced!

I will definately miss it and there will be quite a few of us struggling to find somewhere as good to start the weekend early like we used to.

I hope all the staff find something soon for the sake of many Sheffield drinkers and music lovers as well as their own.

• 2 weeks later...