"Lady With The Knife"

In the early sixtys I went to the Locarno, Mecca , on London Rd met a girl and took her holme in my Land rover, cannot remember were she lived but went in to see her parents her father was a cutler and a few weeks later she came to the Mecca with a hunting style knife wrapped in old newspaper and said present from her dad. just wonder if the lady involved is still about and does she remember the incident would love to hear from her.Mac. {phone 07979758637}

have you still got the knife?

Yes still have the knife.

Hope you gave her a penny for the knife. It was the custom for knives and scissors when given new. Did she work at one of Sheffield's cutlers.

Yes gave her her a coin for the knife,never saw her again, love to find her probably her father worked in the cutlery trade,who knows.

bazza63. Are you sure you got the right end of the stick with the knife situation?

You say her parents had met you. What if, as she was leaving to meet you that

night her father said, 'you're looking lovely this evening my dear, going somewhere

special? And she replied 'yes i'm meeting bazza, you know, you met him the other

night'.

Then her father mutters under his breath 'bloody ell' goes to the cupboard & hands her

the knife saying ' if thart meeting bazza tha best tek this wi thee'.

now I'm not saying that's what happened but it would explain why you haven't met her

since.

If she was meeting you maybe this would have been he case,but not with me.

Was it definitely a present, and not a "here, hide this for me" type of situation?

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 00:22 ----------

Was it definitely a present, and not a "here, hide this for me" type of situation?

Ok not at all helpful..

But could you write a few 100 words on the subject and get the Star to run a little mystery type story? That's the sort of thing they like to run with a picture of you holding the knife, looking off into middle distance with a far away look in your eye.

Only joking bazza! Just seemed quite a strange thing to turn up with on a first date.

She obviously made an impression on you & I wish you all the best in finding her.