Steam Locomotive Photography

Stewpot1

yes stoneman i have been there...dont forget SUNDAY 17th March...THE TIN BATH SPECIAL, in sheffield at 12.30 its a double header, for those that dont know what a double header is...its 2 steam locos togeather...this should be 2 Black 5s to us oldies, but think i will go out edale to photograph it or maybe Hathersage

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 20:13 ----------

if any budding photographer wants to go with me your more than welcome

Ooh, just checked their website, it's not long to the next one.

17th April.

It doesn't make exactly clear whether it's steam hauled, but I do know for a fact that the last time they came (about October / November), it was steam hauled.

After dropping everyone off at Chesterfield (they then go to Chatsworth by coach), they took the steam engine up to Barrow Hill to fill up the water tanks. Whilst they were filling up, another diesel broke down on the mainline just below Barrrow Hill, so they couldn't get the steam train back down to Chesterfield.

They managed it, just in the nick of time, but another ten minutes and the passengers would have been having a 5 course dinner on half a dozen coaches mwaaah!