Herries pond oil spillage

matsalleh

Apparently there has been some oil or diesel leaked into this pond,although a lot was diverted away from the pond.It was thought that maybe it came from the demolition of the ritz,but environment could not trace it back as the covers have all been asphalted over!

so does anyone know if the pond is fishing ok or where the oil came from?

this is the first i've heard of this but i'll go down tomorrow and find out what the situation is. hopefully it won't be too serious as there's a lot of valuable stock in that pond.

im a member down there, i hope to that it isnt too serious. lets us know situation.

apparently a spillage of red diesel from the ritz demolition entered the pond. fortunately it is lighter than water so simply floated on the top and out of the bottom sluice. as far as i am aware, no fish were lost thankfully. it was stocked with some ide and a few carp last week.

apparently a spillage of red diesel from the ritz demolition entered the pond. fortunately it is lighter than water so simply floated on the top and out of the bottom sluice. as far as i am aware, no fish were lost thankfully. it was stocked with some ide and a few carp last week.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

it's a proper mixed fishery. you will catch on pellet, maggot, caster, corn etc. pole or waggler on the deck or up in the water are the most popular methods but legering will also catch. for a new member to join the cost is approx. £38. (one off joining fee, permit + gate key) you must reside in s4,5 or 6 and produce a valid rod licence and passport photo. permits for the 2013/14 season are available sat/sun mornings (10 - 12) in april only from the hut next to the pond.

Archived