Anyone from matilda street out there

jaycee49

Hi Lazarus. No I don't know colley family. I lived near wheatsheaf pub and they probably lived bottom end of street.

No they lived up near the top roughly where Matilda St crossed Eyre St just after Slack & Barlows

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

• 7 months later...

Hi Jaycee

I came across your post by accident tonight.

I lived in Matilda Street in the 50's and 60's.

My name was Janet Burkinshaw DOB 1956. Sister Linda DOB 1947 and brother George DOB 1950. I was very close to Jean Batty, sister of your friend Beryl and also Linda, John and Julie Batty. Sadly Jean died aged 17 of cancer so I didn't really have much contact with the family afterwards apart from Christmas cards etc. I have not had any contact though for a few years.

I know they lived in Edmund Road and Eunice and Doug Batty still live there I think, if they are still with us. They will be in their 80s.

I was only 9 years old when I left Matilda Street so can't remember many people. My sister may know you. We all went to Duchess Road infants.

Can you remember the playground near there? And Dawson's shop?

Hope to hear from you and if you give me your name I will ask my sister if she knows you.

Bye for now. Janet

• 2 weeks later...