Sheffield Council Parking Services Are An Absolute Disgrace

My car tyres wasn't touching the double yellows, the double yellows went right round the bend and unecessarily into the straight bit of the bay, it was flat straight to the curb and not cauing any obstructuion whatsover, ticketing under these circumstances is just been an anal jobsworths, something you'd be good at;)

lets see if this sinks in...I was not causing any obstructions to any other car users, cyclists, pedestrians, aliens or any other anal pedantic forumer. I didn't manage finish my journey which is exactly the reason why i parked where I did. Travelling any further would be suicidle to me and other people, so sensibly parked up and walked.

It doesn't matter that your tyres were not touching the line. It doesn't matter that you were not causing an obstruction. You parked illegally. I'm really not sure what your complaint is. Don't park illegally, don't get a ticket. It really is that simple! Your extra tax contribution is probably welcome though considering the cuts that local authorities are facing.

I wonder if Parking Services renamed the PCN's as Additional Idiot Tax if people would pay more attention to the rules of the road? What do you think?

I suppose you never break the speed limit either. :roll:

What's that got to do with this thread? :)

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:03 ----------

My car tyres wasn't touching the double yellows, the double yellows went right round the bend and unecessarily into the straight bit of the bay, it was flat straight to the curb and not cauing any obstructuion whatsover, ticketing under these circumstances is just been an anal jobsworths, something you'd be good at;)

lets see if this sinks in...I was not causing any obstructions to any other car users, cyclists, pedestrians, aliens or any other anal pedantic forumer. I didn't manage finish my journey which is exactly the reason why i parked where I did. Travelling any further would be suicidle to me and other people, so sensibly parked up and walked.

Just to advise that your following comment is irrelevant

'I was not causing any obstructions to any other car users, cyclists, pedestrians, aliens or any other anal pedantic forumer'

It doesn't matter that your tyres were not touching the line. It doesn't matter that you were not causing an obstruction. You parked illegally. I'm really not sure what your complaint is. Don't park illegally, don't get a ticket. It really is that simple! Your extra tax contribution is probably welcome though considering the cuts that local authorities are facing.

I wonder if Parking Services renamed the PCN's as Additional Idiot Tax if people would pay more attention to the rules of the road? What do you think?

No it does matter, when we have severe weather conditions I would hope more drivers would apadt a sensible aproach by stoping and walking home instead of risking driving any further when it becomes too risky. By taking time to park safely without causing any obstructions to anyone or anything else these are exactly the kind of examples I would hope the Police and councils would want to encorage, but evidently this would not help Parking Services gain more revenue.

I wonder how Parking Services can be so anal and then find people like yourself to defend them. They should be a jobsworth tax and when they're found out like PC 983 they should be publically named and shamed.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:19 ----------

What's that got to do with this thread? :)

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Just to advise that your following comment is irrelevant

'I was not causing any obstructions to any other car users, cyclists, pedestrians, aliens or any other anal pedantic forumer'

Yes it does matter, that is the whole point of road safety.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:25 ----------

I suppose this was also a severe 'hazard' and PS was well within ther right to issue a ticket?

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2013-01-21/lincoln-man-given-parking-ticket-on-his-own-drive/

Edited by cheapthrillz

mike84 seems to know a lot about parking rules, perhaps he can tell us if Parking Services Staff are allowed to park illegally on double/single yellow lines while they ticket and persecute other motorists? Please don't deny this happens because I've seen it myself.

mike84 seems to know a lot about parking rules, perhaps he can tell us if Parking Services Staff are allowed to park illegally on double/single yellow lines while they ticket and persecute other motorists? Please don't deny this happens because I've seen it myself.

It dos happen and its legal

They can but they do disobey other rules they inflict on other motorists and don't suffer the consequences.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/parking-mad-wardens-leave-own-cars-all-day-in-limited-time-areas-while-giving-tickets-to-others-claim-1-3101254

Edited by cheapthrillz

It dos happen and its legal

Thanks Slugger, does anyone know why these hypocrites are allowed to break the law?

Yes and my first PCN should have written off anyhow as they have already admitted it was not answered within the statutory 56 day deadline.

http://www.newsrt.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-defends-handling-of-parking-appeals-618376.html

Thanks Slugger, does anyone know why these hypocrites are allowed to break the law?

I don't condone this, but the law is on their side. Hypocritical Yes !

Parking Services vehicles are exempt from parking restrictions while they are in the course of their duties, so they are not parking illegally, they are just doing their job.

No it does matter, when we have severe weather conditions I would hope more drivers would apadt a sensible aproach by stoping and walking home instead of risking driving any further when it becomes too risky. By taking time to park safely without causing any obstructions to anyone or anything else these are exactly the kind of examples I would hope the Police and councils would want to encorage, but evidently this would not help Parking Services gain more revenue.

I wonder how Parking Services can be so anal and then find people like yourself to defend them. They should be a jobsworth tax and when they're found out like PC 983 they should be publically named and shamed.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:19 ----------

Yes it does matter, that is the whole point of road safety.

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 23:25 ----------

I suppose this was also a severe 'hazard' and PS was well within ther right to issue a ticket?

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2013-01-21/lincoln-man-given-parking-ticket-on-his-own-drive/

Parking tickets are not just issued on road safety and if you think that then good luck with your claim :hihi: Like I said previously "woe is me" people are getting sick and tired of listening to people who think the world revolves around them :help:

It’s not simply the council run parking wardens (or civil enforcement officers as they prefer to be called these days) but the private parking companies, which are equally as bad. All are despicable in their actions and I find it deplorable that there are some who actually defend them. Surely they must be driven by vested interests of some sort. Feeble excuses such as “they are just doing their job” or “you parked illegally so they are correct” are purely ridiculous and serve to highlight how brainwashed and divided we as a people have really become.

Over the past decade, we’ve seen a vulture like behaviour in the private parking companies driving around towns and cities “HUNTING” for what they perceive to be ticket violations. All of which are unenforceable. In years gone by, the council run “parking wardens” simply patrolled and would designate a ticket where they stumbled across “parking violations.” These days however, the behaviour between council paid parking wardens (ohh sorry, civil enforcement officers!) and the private parking companies are no different. The council paid operatives are driving around in their cars also “hunting” for parking violations (or illegal parking as they and their supporters prefer to label it). “Illegal” is a much sterner sounding word is it not?

I sympathise with the two victims of these vulture like operatives. I feel for the individual who is labelled as “parking illegally” for shadowing her car on double yellow lines due to the significantly adverse weather conditions. I recall one day last month during the heavy snowfall seeing a “Sheffield City Council Parking Services” patrol car skidding all over the road in their hunt for “parking violators.” I thought “wow these guys will hunt like vultures no matter whatever the weather is and would probably do so in the event of an earthquake too!” The worse of all however, is the individual who had clearly broken down with steam emitting from his/her car and the breakdown recovery vehicle there in plain sight assisting him/her. Great, slap a ticket on him because of his “illegal parking.” Do we not have better things to do with our lives than worry about avoiding the most minor, trivial and pedantic of “parking violations?” Evidently not as we are demanded to devote more attention and time to avoid falling foul of such petulant pitfalls.

Amazingly, some will absurdly defend the type of over zealous behaviour exhibited by parking vultures hunting for the most minor of parking violations. Let us not fool ourselves now. We all see it across this city each and every day. All of these parking attendants, wardens, enforcement officers (call them whatever you like, I’m sure others have more preferable names) are deplorable in their vulture like behaviour in their “hunt.” The reality is that it is an extortion racket that has convinced many that it is a fix for people who “park illegally.” Yes, the parking “criminals” who dare commit a parking violation should have their behaviour described in the strongest terms as “illegal.” Meanwhile, the councils will plug the holes in their savagely depleted finance budgets (the cause of which are due to the policies of central Government, but that’s another topic so let’s not go there right now) via this brainwashed accepted source of a revenue stream.

So the masses will be extorted and pay up in sheep like fashion and a few imbeciles will defend the vultures by simply declaring “YOU deserve it because YOU parked illegally” and silently smile rather smugly behind their typed comments. They hope you accept the insanity of their defence for the parking vultures, but do you? Will you? I conclude my thoughts on this matter and don’t intend to comment any further leaving my food for thought on the issue. Nothing more, nothing less. :wave:

Edited by ukurban