Missed bin collections

With the move to fortnightly bin collections what is the plan to ensure houses missed due to weather conditions do not have to go 4 weeks without either the main bin or re-cycle bins being emptied?

Thanks for that. I was wondering why ours had not been collected yet today. It sounds like a fair and sensible course of action.

I have noticed that people from the side roads that are impassable are bringing their bins to the sides of the passable main roads. I hope that Veolia will be sympathetic to this and empty them, it seems very sensible.

Guest sibon
All I get is a log in page. What do Veolia say?

No idea, because I get the same thing.

Veolia failed to empty my bin yesterday. They did it today though. That's all you really need to know...

They've missed mine for the second day & my recycling since Friday (in Sharrow).

Ours was due to be done on Monday and still no collection yet. Road is clear and so are the surrounding ones.

I assume the link originally led to the page where Veolia explained they were moving all collections by one day to make up for not coming out on Monday, and that missed collections last Friday would be prioritised. This promise has since disappeared from the website.

It appears likely that Veolia will wait to see how big a stink we create before they tell us what they intend to do.

At 7pm last night the link led to a page that said today's collections would be done as normal and the ones that had been missed would be done asap.

That info has gone off their website now.

Postcode Gazette are still reporting that collections are to be done a day later than normal.

I've dragged mine up to the main road anyway cos they wont be coming on ours for a few days at least.