Golden Retriever

rach73

I would rehome one from a shelter if I could find one, I have got to have a puppy I have grandchildren and cats and it would need to be brought up with them,

I have plenty of experience with dogs and just lost my beautiful boy, I have a very loving home waiting

Edited by rach73

Steel yourself for all the "you should be rehoming a dog from a shelter; and yor shouldn't support breeders" posts.

Thats nonsense, no-one on here has a problem with above board, legitimate breeders.

People only have a problem with back street breeders and puppy farms etc.

Thats nonsense, no-one on here has a problem with above board, legitimate breeders.

Thank you for that, I thought I had done somthing wrong, I just want the right dog for my family

How do you define a back street breeder? Is this someone who doesn't breed animals for a living?

How do you define a back street breeder? Is this someone who doesn't breed animals for a living?

Don't think this thread is the place to have yet another 'discussion' about breeders, do you?

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 00:13 ----------

I am looking for a breeder or anyone selling golden retriever puppies

Good home waiting

Do you still have that terrier you were going to rehome because of its behaviour problems last year? And the rottie?

Don't think this thread is the place to have yet another 'discussion' about breeders, do you?

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 00:13 ----------

Do you still have that terrier you were going to rehome because of its behaviour problems last year? And the rottie?

I rehomed the terrier, to a very loving home, an my rottie I have just lost after 9 wonderful years, so ya don't have to be sarcastic, it has been a very traimatic time for us as a family losing a dog we treasured,

The terrier just wasn't for us unfortunatley

you could get in touch with guide dogs & ask to be put on their waiting list for a failed / retired guide dog they are crying out for good responsible people to take on a failed / retired guide dog i have a retired Goldie x lab waiting to be rehomed by guide dogs im boarding her for them but she looks more lab than a Goldie though she is waiting for someone to decide if she is right for them as she is on medication for epilepsy :)

Have your tried looking at the kennel club website?

They have a list of breeders, for the breed and area you want. This does not always mean the breeders are any good, but may give you a starting point to start researching. Goldens do seem to becoming less common just lately, fab dogs once they have grow out of the giddy puppy years, which last till they hit 4! :)

They seem to be very keen on having golden cross labs as guide dogs. I guess it is a mix that works for them.

Edited by Evei

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill