Will my phone be rooted if i have it unlocked ?

amy 20

Hi i would like to know if my phone will be rooted if i get it unlocked ? Also if i do get it rooted, do i need a rom or drive to put on it for it to work ?

No...it will just be unlocked....rooted is where you get superuser...meaning YOU control what is on you phone...meaning you can get rid of the stuff put on by the phone manufacturer and the provider.

You don't need a special rom....though it may help.

What phone do you have....and are you able to root it yourself or do you need help?

Unlocking = Allows you to use a Sim Card from another network. First - check your phone with another sim - it might not be locked anyway. If it is, ask your provider before paying someone in a phone shop - they may do it for free, or for a small fee. Does not require root and doesn't give you root.

Rooting = The process of gaining 'superuser' or 'root' access to your phone. With this you will have access to parts of the operating and file system that are not usually available. You will be able to make changes to the system such as - deleting pre installed apps, forcing apps to move to SD and possibly installing a Custom Rom via recovery. Rooting on its own does not require a custom rom and doesn't give you one.

Custom Rom = The ROM is the name given to the 'version' of Android on your phone. This could be similar to the 'stock' rom that comes officially with your phone, a modified version of that, a newer version of Android or a totally different version altogether. In most cases you are removing the whole Android system and replacing it with a new one.

No...it will just be unlocked....rooted is where you get superuser...meaning YOU control what is on you phone...meaning you can get rid of the stuff put on by the phone manufacturer and the provider.

What phone do you have....and are you able to root it yourself or do you need help?

I have a htc wildfire s. From what ive read i can download something on my laptop, connect my phone and then run it.

if you go to this site,

xda-developers.com

you should have all the information you need most phones have there own separate forums and help i personnaly havent registed there but do browse it regularly to get some inspiration on theming my phone thro use of launchers,

read everything carefully tho its very easy to brick a phone this being known i havent attempted to root, if you just wish to theme your phone it is easier to just use apps such as Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher or Go Launcher with ease and almost get the same results as rooting, without rooting all launchers available thro google play most have free versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julado

I have a htc wildfire s. From what ive read i can download something on my laptop, connect my phone and then run it.

If you want max performance then you would need a custom ROM but I would ask what do you want your phone to do that it doesn't do now?

HTC are not the easiest to flash. They have their own flashing tool.

Let's just establish why you feel your phone would be better rooted and custom ROMd :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

If you want max performance then you would need a custom ROM but I would ask what do you want your phone to do that it doesn't do now?

HTC are not the easiest to flash. They have their own flashing tool.

Let's just establish why you feel your phone would be better rooted and custom ROMd :-)

]

I wish to remove all the pre installed rubbish that you cant delete and apps that keep running that you cant stop. As you cant move all apps to memory card, i cant have all the apps i want on my phone. Ive downloaded go launcher as Leadhammer said try, but that takes alot of space up to and cannot be moved to sd card.

I wish to remove all the pre installed rubbish that you cant delete and apps that keep running that you cant stop. As you cant move all apps to memory card, i cant have all the apps i want on my phone. Ive downloaded go launcher as Leadhammer said try, but that takes alot of space up to and cannot be moved to sd card.

Totally understand...I had the same problem with my Galaxy Ace....internal memory is way too small. Not only is mine rooted now - I must confess to having my own personal geek...I wouldn't have a clue how to do it - but he has installed a custom ROM that allows part of the SD card (16gb) to be seen as internal memory.....its not totally ideal....but it does give me some breathing space until this contract is up in June and I can get an S2.

Let me see what my geek is doing and see if he can come on and help you :)

Archived