Brand of fishing line

i am an angler who uses the float method. ive always used drennan float line, however, the last two times ive used it, it has snapped on numerous occasions when i am casting. ive never had this problem before. i change my line every season, and i probaly only fish about 4 times a month, can anyone recommend another type/brand of line to try.

silstar 'match team' is a nice line for float fishing. it's limp, doesn't kink and is strong for the stated diameter. around £4.95 for 100 metres and comes in various strengths.

I stick to the same brand of line I've used for years, Maxima for reel line it's never let me down. For pole I prefer a hi tec line

One thing I always do to prolong the life of line is keep my spools of line either for reels or pole rigs & hook lengths in a plastic box that's kept in my bait fridge when not in use.

thanks for your advice lads, much appreciated

i use 'match team' for pole rigs and all my stick/waggler fishing. maxima is a good line for leger/feeder work as it sinks quickly and is very resistant to abrasion.