Forum Mah Jong meet - important news

Yes! I'm the first one back. :D

Thanks for a great night out. I had a good laugh. Nice meeting you all, even though I didn't have a chance to chat to everybody cos we were all so absorbed into the game.

Hopefully, I'll get "MEGA-MEGA-MEGA" points next time, quoting Redrobbo.

:hihi:

Look I am 2nd back .... had a brill time, was soooo much fun, and nice to meet the new faces, and the usual ones, I shall wait for Redrobbo to come back with the scores...

... so Ms Ford whats the scores on the doors .... I wonder who won :suspect:

I went to the mah jong meet today.

The first time I have met the forummers---some of them I feel I know so well.

It seemed odd putting faces to names. Redrobbo who has given me such a lot of support and advice, nobikejohn, peter 41, chris and mai who's forum names eluded me, plaintalker, all of whom I would have passed in the street unknowing that they were the ones who peoppled my forum life.

I had a lovely time and will go again.

I acheived the unenvyable score of double 0.

hazel

Look I am 2nd back ....

I thought you were going mincing down the Lion's dear?

posted by Meaks

I thought you were going mincing down the Lion's dear?

It was too cold so went home. ;)

I cant remember the other scores on our table, (me, doublewood, Ptigga, and Edd/ Evildrneil ) but I won, comprehensively, on 232 points, with a mahjongg of 200(!!!!!!)

In round one Doublewood won, on 44 points, despite Edd declaring mah-jong, for 40 points.

round 2 was a no-scoring round,

and round three was the round where I won on 200 points. *boasts*

again, a great night, and I thought Ptigga's mah jong racks, in black lacquer and decorated with ornate filigree dragons were absolutely gorgeous *covet, covet!!!* * green with envy!!!!* :D

PT

Well, I decided to take on a "supporting role" at our table- self, morton39, vinceb and nobikejohn.

By which I mean that my score was underneath everyone else's! :)

Sorry for the delay in posting. I was exhausted when I got home last night, so went straight to bed, and then it's been the council tax setting meeting at the Town Hall until nearly 7pm tonight (....never a popular decision, so I might have to stay away next week? :hihi: ).

Well, what a night to remember! Firstly, a record attendance, with 14 players, who were ...

Bago, Edd, Doublewood, 42fta, EvilDrNeil, Hazel, morton39, nobikejohn, peter41, Plain Talker, ptigga, redrobbo, Teafan, vinceb.

Next, a warm welcome to all the newbies! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, and thanks for the PMs and posts. We hope to see you all again. :thumbsup: It was a lovely surprise to see my forum friend Hazel, who was attending her first ever forum meet, and never let on to anyone that she was coming.

So, we had three separate games going last night, and created curious stares from many onlookers. PlainTalker has already posted the results from her table, and the results from the other two tables are as follows....

Table 2

nobikejohn = 620 points the winner! :wow: What a score!

vinceb = 188 points :clap:

morton39 = 80 points :thumbsup:

42fta = 52 points :rolleyes:

Table 3

peter41 = 124 points :clap:

TeaFan = 56 points :thumbsup:

Bago = 40 points :thumbsup:

Hazel = 36 points :thumbsup:

So, in keeping with the forum mah jong tradition, the newbies (nobikejohn and peter41) won!

But, we also had a unique score. Not only did Hazel score 0, she then managed to score double 0! I hope Hazel will not be deterred though, and will come on down to the DevCat on another occasion and show us that she can improve on her scores (but let's face it folks, you surely can't score less than double 0?).

Keep checking this thread for an announcement of the date for next weeks forum mah jong meet. As one of our founder members, Goldenturkey, couldn't make it this week, he gets to chose the date of next weeks meet. So, watch this space!

Pung!

Red

Can Hazel please clear her PM in-box! I can't get a message to you Hazel about the forum mah jong meet last night unless you make more space!

Thanks

Red

Table 3

peter41 = 124 points

TeaFan = 56 points

Bago = 40 points

Hazel = 36 points

Just beginners luck... lol...... got the hang of it on the 4th game, but then didnt realise I had a MahJong, and got 2 as well....... roll on the special tiles next time :)

Hi everyone

Sounds like it was an amazing turn out last week and I missed a blinder. Sorry to miss TeaFan and Hazel's double-zero (she could change her forum name?):hihi:

Looking at my calendar for next week I see Tuesday is as good a night as any other, so I suggest that.

Next Mah Jong Forum 7-30pm, Tuesday 7th March at the Devonshire Cat.

With 14 turning up last week, do we need more sets brought or will people bring there new purchases (i'd like to get a look at Ptiggas racks...oeer!).

I can bring 2, John/Red 1, Plaintalker 1, Tracey/Ed 1, Ptigga 1..do we need anymore?

...shame you can't buy share in Mah Jong sets on the Sheffield Stock exchange, we'd be making a mint!

CHRIS

let me check my diary .....

count me in :thumbsup:

oh dear I think I am getting hooked already