Forum Mah Jong meet - important news

posted by Sugarnspice

I am so sorry my b'day "do" coincides with this! I shall say hello but keep my distance!

I dont mind, I wasnt planning to go to this Tuesdays Mah Jong, and I prefer to get drunk :D which I am sure we will. :thumbsup:

A reminder....

The next forum mah jong meet will be held TONIGHT, Tuesday 21 Feb, at The Devonshire Cat starting at 7.30pm.

The usual standing invitation - whether you've played before, or never played, you are welcome to join us tonight. If you've never played before, rest assured we'll have you playing in next to no time after a couple of rounds!

Qoung!

Red

PS And Happy Birthday to Sugarnspice from the forum mah jong club! We'll see you in person at the DevCat tonight...... along with a rather sober

peter41 of course. :suspect:

Well what another enjoyable night it's been playing mah jong! Of course, in keeping with the forum mah jong meet tradition, the regulars were once again beaten by a newbie! :hihi:

The scores after playing four rounds of the East Wind -

42fta = 260 points The winner! :clap:

redrobbo = 240 points :thumbsup:

Goldenturky = 214 points :bigsmile:

Morton39 = 144 points :smile:

Can anyone post the scores for the other table where Edd, Plain Talker, Tracie & Vinceb were playing?

PMs will be whizzing around over the next few days whilst we sort out a date for next weeks forum mah jong meet. Please watch this thread for an announcement in due course.

ok,

Our table's results ( for Vince, Edd, Tracie and me)

Edd won, declaring a couple of mah jonggs, after a couple of no-scoring rounds. I can't remember the exact scores, because I made a hash of the first lot of scoring, doubling in the wrong place (so edd took over, and made a much better job of tallying the scores than this scatterbrain could! lol) however, Edd won, comprehensively. ( :clap: for Edd!)

Edd and Tracie had to leave early, so Vince and I played a two-handed game, and managed to get a couple of rounds in before "chucking out" time.

Vince trounced me, 140 to 120-something iirc, after two rounds.

PT

No, you won our two-hander; 140ish to my 80-odd. I can tell I'm not a newbie any more when the beginner's luck has definitely run out.

Vince

Well it was nice to meet all the new people last night.

Must say its not a game to play after a few pints ... which I had .... but was fun to watch part of the first game ...... then Sugarnspice came and we played our own games ....

... who could drink the most ;)

... eyeing up the men ;)

But I shall be down again to understand the rules a bit more.

Hi Everyone

Well after a few PM's bouncing around like stray bullets its crunch time for the next Mah Jong Meet.

It seems that everyone can make Thursday the 2nd of March, so it'll be 7-30 in the Devonshire Cat (as ususal..yawn!).

Sadly I shall be missing from the Punging, Konging and Chowing as I am mad busy the whole of next week (no gaps at all) and will be at a thankyou dinner for friends who took a battered car to central Africa for charity! Blimey.

See you next time round

CHRIS

Hi All,

Just to say that I can make Tuesday or Thursday evenings next week. I will ask my colleague if she can join us.

Mx.

... eyeing up the men ;)

Many thanks for revealing my secrets. :D

*It was really nice to meet you all by the way and thanks ever so much for the card. :thumbsup:

posted by Sugarnspice

Many thanks for revealing my secrets.

I wouldn`t say thats a secret, hehe :D

Originally Posted by peter41

... eyeing up the men

It looks like we will have 3 newbies next Thursday night - peter41, TeaFan and the friend of morton39. So, in keeping with the forum mah jong tradition - we can expect one of them to trounce the regular players! :hihi:

It was lovely to see Sugarnspice last Tuesday night and to share in her birthday night! :love:

Red