Forum Mah Jong meet - important news

We are going to be joined on Thursday night by yet another newbie - as EvilDrNeil has just confirmed he'll be coming along! :clap:

There's no doubting now that the regulars are going to get thrashed by the newbies! :help::hihi:

posted by Redrobbo

There's no doubting now that the regulars are going to get thrashed by the newbies!

You sooooo are gonna get a severe thrashing, I am off to read up now on the interenet about all moves I need to do :D :D

Mahjong rules

You sooooo are gonna get a severe thrashing, I am off to read up now on the interenet about all moves I need to do :D :D

Mahjong rules

Uho! Are the rest of the newbies up for the challenge from peter41? Look out for the score results after next weeks forum mah jong meet!

If you are interested in learning to play, or have played before but are rusty, or are an experienced player - a warm welcome awaits you all at the forum mah jong meet. Our next meeting will be at the Devonshire Cat on Thursday 02 March, starting at 7.30pm. We'll have you playing within about 15 mins, and, as we seem to have established a tradition - can almost guarantee that a newbie will win! Come on down - it could be you (or maybe peter41?)! :bigsmile:

There's free tuition, great company, and it's an enjoyable night out! Keep checking this thread for weekly announcements of our meets - as the meet night varies.

Hi,

Rules, what rules. Why not play it my way. Gut instinct and a penchant for miscounting. Plus a wicked sense of humour. I get away with it every time.:D

See you Thursday.

M.x

ptigga has PMd me to say he too can make this Thursday after all..... and he wants to show off his new fancy Mah Jong racks! :wow:

Oh yeh..you start a trend and everyone copies...:rant:

...bet he didn't make his (*whine*):gag:

...I'm only bitter 'cos I cant be there.:thumbsup:

CHRIS

Is there room for one more ? :)

I read the other threads about the mah jong session, and the links to the rules. I think I get it now.

Is it still going ahead tomorrow, isn't it ? How will I recognise you guys if I'm early ? Will somebody wear a carnation or a rose in their jacket's pocket ? :D I've not been to a forum meet before.

Is there room for one more ? :)

I read the other threads about the mah jong session, and the links to the rules. I think I get it now.

Is it still going ahead tomorrow, isn't it ? How will I recognise you guys if I'm early ? Will somebody wear a carnation or a rose in their jacket's pocket ? :D I've not been to a forum meet before.

Yes, Bago, the forum mah jong meet is going ahead as advertised. We'd be delighted to see you. Following in the footsteps of Plain Talker, Edd & Tracie have now bought a set of tiles, which we intend to christen, and ptigga has some new racks as well. It's all happening!

When you go through the door, we should be seated on your left-hand side. We've reserved three tables for play. You can't fail to miss us, as we will have the tiles and racks laid out on the tables.

The competition for which newbie is going to maintain the tradition of trouncing the regulars continues to grow!

We look forward to seeing you Bago!

Pung! Qoung! Chow!

Red

Ok.

Well, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow then. :)

Pung! Qoung! Sheung ! ;)

Bago

Update: players expected tonight are ....

42fta, Bago, Doublewood, Edd, EvilDrNeil, morton39 + friend; peter41, Plain Talker, ptigga, Rickyegrant, TeaFan, Tracie, vinceb, and a late announcement .... nobikejohn (who is coming all the way from Hessle, near Hull!). :clap:

Looks like we might break the record for attendance....but which newbie will maintain the forum mah jong club tradition of beating the regulars? :hihi:

If you've never played before, or are out of practice, or are an experiecned player, everyone is welcome to the Forum Mah Jong Meet at the Devonshire Cat, Thursday 2nd March (tonight!), starting at 7.30pm. (late comers are still welcome!). No charge, free tuition and loads of fun! :thumbsup:

Oh I am looking forward to this.... just keep me off the drinks or I may end up throwing the tiles allover the place if I dont win.... etc etc

only kiddin ...... ;)

Best regards to everyone there tonight and I'll see you all next week (..I hope)

CHRIS