Can you run a business from a council house?

Hi I'm training to be a nail tech and just wanted to know what my options were when I qualify, can I run my small business from a small room in my council house? Thanks x[/QUOTe]

I wouldn't think so, but check with the council first.

If not, maybe you could rent a small space in an existing business like a hairdressers, tanning place etc ? :)

Yes I can, I have some ladies that I do go to but also have some that want to come to me as the have small children and don't want the smell of the products in their house also they like to get out for a bit, but I'm just doing them in my kitchen at my breakfast bar but they know in just traing at the moment so they understand I haven't got anything set up yet. Thank you x

Hi I'm training to be a nail tech and just wanted to know what my options were when I qualify, can I run my small business from a small room in my council house? Thanks x

Yes you can. But you need to put it in writing to Sheffield Homes and you will then have a number of other agreements to sign. For the business to be agreed, it must not cause a nuisance. EG running noisey machinnery, or constantly having visitors at all hours.

Hi I'm training to be a nail tech and just wanted to know what my options were when I qualify, can I run my small business from a small room in my council house? Thanks x

Whos to know if you don't tell anyone?

As long as your clients don't upset the neighbours or what your doing doesn't upset the neightbours then there shouldn't be a problem.

When the business grows then take on a premises.

Last thing you want is an outgoing, especially in the early stages of a new business.

Whos to know if you don't tell anyone?

As long as your clients don't upset the neighbours or what your doing doesn't upset the neightbours then there shouldn't be a problem.

When the business grows then take on a premises.

Last thing you want is an outgoing, especially in the early stages of a new business.

The OP needs to remember buisness insurance though, as S/Homes will come down heavilly if something happens that isnt declared!

Thank you il get intouch on Monday and find the ins and out I am still training at the min but I really want to do it propley and know what I'm getting my self in to ect I haven't done anything like this before so want to make sure I'm doin it all right thank you for your help :-) x

Archived