Should there be a reward for info on High Green Murder?

I think this post should be removed.

We have no way of knowing if its genuine or some rival shop trying to stitch up the competition.

Any mods around?

I have removed the details of the takeaway.

If you see something which you think the moderating team need to look at, please use the "Report Post" link to request assistance. We don't and can't read every thread - I only saw this by chance, but if it had been reported it could have been removed much sooner.

Thank you.

It is a tragic event. RIP Alan Greaves, thoughts with his family.

This is in my opinion the result of police inaction in High Green meaning a number of scroats have the ability to do as they please.

Petty theft, shed burglary, anti social behaviour, riding mopeds illegally standing by the coop doing drink and drugs almost nightly!

We need a police presence in High Green. We may now get something resembling it, but perhaps not.

If we do now get one, it is very sad that it takes such tragic events for the police to respond to the obvious.

Yes I know please budgets are squeezed.....don't start me on this government.

[

As for a reward I think it is a good idea. Does anyone have contacts with the Arctic Monkeys who may wish to help it?

The terrible truth is that there is a manned police station just along the road (10 mins walk - 2 mins drive).

Somebody would have seen something - Greengate Lane is busy with traffic at all times of the day and night, unfortunately the place he was murdered next to the park isn't very well lit.

I dont think it is manned very often,not even sure if its used at all TBH.

Even the MoCam has been removed from outside the Co-op. :(

I have removed the details of the takeaway.

If you see something which you think the moderating team need to look at, please use the "Report Post" link to request assistance. We don't and can't read every thread - I only saw this by chance, but if it had been reported it could have been removed much sooner.

Thank you.

No probs.

Ill do that in future and thanks :)

If the two men who were arrested were guilty they woundnt have been released so quickly. i think the police are still looking. rip mr greaves

I think it's absolutely terrible what has happened. If people wanted to raise money / donate money perhaps we should try & find out more about the food bank Mr Greaves had recently opened. His family would probably not expect donations because of this tragedy, but I think it's an option to those who wanted to. I've been on google to find out more, but no info.
you could also help by donating to the under privelaged child/family holiday scheme, mr greaves was tryin to raise funds to buy a second caravan in ingoldmells whereby these children & their family could spend a week without having to pay for the accomodation. i believe there is a criteria the family must meet to qualify, im also told, children with disabilities in the high green area also qualify, i hope mrs greaves overcomes this awful chapter in her life & has the spirit to carry on mr greaves fundraising

The food bank is based in the charity shop on greengate lane, above or near the fish and chip shop, there are signs outside. Or speak to Simon, the vicar at st saviours church.

I only mentioned it as it was in use very recently - I'm assuming that as two officers (one tall and one short - John? ex army) told me they were "always there" .

So there is now a £10.000 reward being offered. If it helps catch the murderer of this kind gentleman then im all for it.

I have never met Mr greaves but after reading in the news what sort of person he was I feel so sad about what happened to this kind man.

I hope the person/people responsible for this evil crime are caught and sent away for a long time.

Rip Mr Greaves..........

Agreed. People with info should just come forward out of the goodness of their hearts and from being decent citizens. But if we lived in a perfect world like that, crimes like this wouldn't even be committed. You may think a reward is 'pathetic' but horrendous/pathetic people who do such things respond to financial incentive. Financial incentive is why these low-lives commit these crimes in the first place...

I think that if there were no actual witnesses then they are relying on the friends or relatives of the cowardly scum who did this coming forward. There is a possible chance that their morals wont be much higher then the cuprits so cash reward would then be quite an incentive for them to "tell "