What gifts will you buy for your parents or friends?

The Christmas is around the corner, I have to admit that it is such a chore to choose gifts for my parents and friends, I always afraid I would buy unwanted gifts for them, so it takes me a long time to choose gifts, sometimes, it even drives me crazy, now it is. I am a workplace newbie so I don't have too much money to buy expensive presents for them. What should I buy for them? Any post will be appreciated! :help:

What gifts will you buy for your parents or friends? Maybe I can get some inspiration from your gifts.

Buy then nothing, whats the point in guessing what someone would like when most of the time it is useless to them or they have one already. they would end up doing the same useless thing since you have brought then something their dont really want or need.

you buy then a ticket they might be busy that day or would prefer standing rather then sitting. Total waste of time and good money.

christmas is for kids, just give then cash and let them buy what they want and not what you think they would like

for people who like a pamper I sometimes make "bath picnics". Usually a bath bomb from lush, some nice chocolates and small bottles of wine or champers from M&S.

I have also got a football watching kit this year-scarf, body warmer or hoodie of their team and a couple of nice beers.

Sometimes I make vouchers for a day out e.g. a trip to london. Then you spread the cost out and spend a day with the person doing something together.

I have also had a photo painted by a local painter for someone.

I love buying presents:love:

for people who like a pamper I sometimes make "bath picnics". Usually a bath bomb from lush, some nice chocolates and small bottles of wine or champers from M&S.

I have also got a football watching kit this year-scarf, body warmer or hoodie of their team and a couple of nice beers.

Sometimes I make vouchers for a day out e.g. a trip to london. Then you spread the cost out and spend a day with the person doing something together.

I have also had a photo painted by a local painter for someone.

I love buying presents:love:

wonderful just what everyone ever needed and wanted all their life

wonderful just what everyone ever needed and wanted all their life

do you not understand the concept of a present? It doesn't have to be something you needed or wanted your whole life:hihi: I guess if you have never been given a present it would be hard to understand.

Edited by llamatron

The Christmas is around the corner, I have to admit that it is such a chore to choose gifts for my parents and friends, I always afraid I would buy unwanted gifts for them, so it takes me a long time to choose gifts, sometimes, it even drives me crazy, now it is. I am a workplace newbie so I don't have too much money to buy expensive presents for them. What should I buy for them? Any post will be appreciated! :help:

What gifts will you buy for your parents or friends? Maybe I can get some inspiration from your gifts.

Egg boxes are great. Simply remove the eggs (Saving them for Easter) and paint the boxes with match pots from B&Q ... DA DA! ... Big multi coloured Lego bricks!

My friend built a Lamborghini Murcielago from 'Happy Eggs' boxes, whilst another has a free-range garden shed. Can't go wrong!:thumbsup:

do you not understand the concept of a present? It doesn't have to be something you needed or wanted your whole life:hihi: I guess if you have never been given a present it would be hard to understand.

total waste of time and money, dont you have a job, why waste time on such petty thing, will our friends not want to know you becuase you havnt brought them a present?

To save time and hassle just give him £50 cash for Xmas and he does the same, this way you both give each other a present and both havnt waste time buying something useless most of the time