Question about my prescription

I'm in a bit of a dilemma about what to do. I got 4 weeks of my prescription and I'm due to go back for it to be refilled on Dec 18. Unfortunately I have lost a strip of ten tablets and that means I would have to go back no later than this coming Friday or I will run out. This is a very expensive medication and it's not licensed in this country for the purpose I am taking it. My doctor said it was a last resort and I have to be vigilant about side effects. Also, I'm only allowed one more 4 week course. The tablets are domperidone (Motillium) because I have a low breast milk supply. If I stop taking them even for a couple of days i will be virtually put right back at the beginning because the idea is you build it up. I don't want my dr to think I'm stashing them or anything and maybe I'm being paranoid but those tablets are like gold dust to me. You can buy these tablets but not for the reasons i need them and i don't want to lie to a pharmacist obviously. What would you do? Should i just take a chance and go to my dr and hope she understands? I know i should have been more careful and i really will be in future.

Just go and explain to the docs...That's assuming you can actually get an appointment before the 18th Dec...My docs is a nightmare....

You can get a same day appointment, but you have to tell lies to the receptionist (when you can eventually get through on the phone)...It's a crazy system.

is it right for a mod on this forum to suggest the woman to lie to her GP to get appointment!

is it right for a mod on this forum to suggest the woman to lie to her GP to get appointment!

I think he meant she would have to tell lies, not to do it.

Hang on my halo has slipped!

Anyhow, he's just A Mod, not A God :)

Anyhow, he's just A Mod, not A God :)

Thank you poppins....Just an ordinary person just like everyone else!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma about what to do. I got 4 weeks of my prescription and I'm due to go back for it to be refilled on Dec 18. Unfortunately I have lost a strip of ten tablets and that means I would have to go back no later than this coming Friday or I will run out. This is a very expensive medication and it's not licensed in this country for the purpose I am taking it. My doctor said it was a last resort and I have to be vigilant about side effects. Also, I'm only allowed one more 4 week course. The tablets are domperidone (Motillium) because I have a low breast milk supply. If I stop taking them even for a couple of days i will be virtually put right back at the beginning because the idea is you build it up. I don't want my dr to think I'm stashing them or anything and maybe I'm being paranoid but those tablets are like gold dust to me. You can buy these tablets but not for the reasons i need them and i don't want to lie to a pharmacist obviously. What would you do? Should i just take a chance and go to my dr and hope she understands? I know i should have been more careful and i really will be in future.

Domperidone can be bought over the counter from any Pharmacy, I cant remember if they are sold in packs of eight or ten and are quite pricey but one pack would replace the ones you have misplaced until your perscription is due.

I'm sorry I don't understand why you have to explain reason for purchase to pharmacist if you can buy them over counter. Surely you can just go in

and ask for what you want, pay and leave. No explanation, no lie.

The pharmacist won't sell them over the counter without asking why they're being taken. When I was breastfeeding my other daughter my supply dipped and I tried to buy them but couldn't. This time my daughter was barely three months before my supply got low so I went to my GP.

Well what other reasons do people take them? Can't you just make it up?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Well what other reasons do people take them? Can't you just make it up?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I daren't. They're prescribed for anti-sickness, short term.